Pre-sale questions about excluding events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sale questions about excluding events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lina

Hi,

I’m trying to decide if I should purchase the Pro version or go with another product. I want to make sure if this is the right solution for my site before I sign up for a $65/year plugin! I understand that you don’t want to give support in the pre-sale category, but it’s important to me to know whether these problems are solvable without me spending another couple hundred bucks on a programmer.

Can you tell me if it’s possible to exclude a category from the front page list? (But still have those events listed under the category page) I looked on the forums and found this post which addresses it: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-options-hide-from-event-listings/

It sends me to the Themer’s Guide, but I don’t see anything about category overrides there. I had my designer look at it, and she also isn’t clear on how to do this.

Also, on my main listing page, we have ongoing events (like art exhibitions) showing up at the top every day. So every day looks the same, because these same events are at the top. Is there a way to move the ongoing events to the end?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can definitely hide events from the main blog by category. It will involve opening up your theme files and modifying your “functions.php” but the code you’ll need can be found here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/hide-category-from-calendar-views/.

You’ll need to modify that slightly to target the specific category that you would like to hide but that snippet should get you most of the way there.

Let me know if this helps. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Lina

Thanks, Josh! This is really helpful. I think I’m ready to go PRO! My other question, is it possible to order the events by category instead of by time? That might be better than just excluding all of the ongoing events (like art exhibitions) that we don’t want showing up first all of the time on the main blog.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Lina,

Awesome! Glad that helped.

Unfortunately there isn’t a default way to do this within the plugin. You could exclude categories within a query or include only a specific category however there wouldn’t be a straightforward way to sort by the event’s category however it could be accomplished with some custom development.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sale questions about excluding events’ is closed to new replies.