Event Options: Hide from Event Listings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Options: Hide from Event Listings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dlishdesign
    Participant

When configuring an event, the meta box titled “Event Options” has an option to “Hide from Event Listings”. The way I interpret this is that if you choose that option, it will hide the event from the event list widget and event list view but show it on the calendar. Is this correct? Currently, if I choose that option, it hides it from every public view of the calendar events (whether in a widget or list,month view, etc). Doesn’t make sense to only show in the admin but no where on the front end.

Is there documentation that explains this feature? I’m wanting to hide that event from the “Event List Widget” but show in the calendar.

Casey D

Hello dlishdesign,

Sorry for the confusion! I believe the intent of that feature is just what it says, remove it from the listings. The event is still available by URL (so it is not private), but it is not available on the lists of events.

I’m not sure there is a simple out of the box way to achieve what you would like. I would suggest creating a category of events you want this special filtering on, and then use theme override’s to accomplish what you want. You’ll have to change up the query to ignore that category on your selected pages.

If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello dlishdesign,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Options: Hide from Event Listings’ is closed to new replies.