Pre-sale Question – Recurring Events Database

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sale Question – Recurring Events Database

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony C

Hello,

I’ve used TEC before, and now I’m investigating it again for another application. In this case, the user is going to be posting a number of recurring events. How does TEC handle recurring events – does it create a database entry treating each recurrence as a separate event?

To get right to it, this user will essentially have tens of thousands of “events” posted in that they’ll have maybe 200 events recurring daily. I’d like to determine just how large the database will grow (and by extension, what resources I would need to make sure the database doesn’t slow to a crawl) if I were to use TEC.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Tony.

Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Currently, a recurrence series is a single post. Each occurrence within the series is another post but its post_parent in the database is set to that of the series.

For example, if you have an event that repeats monthly, you’ll have 24 posts in your database, 23 of which have the first as their post_parent. You’ll have 24 unless you change the default of creating events 24 months in the future.

If you use the Break from Series option for an occurrence within a series, that post will just have its post_parent removed.

For additional information, please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/

Regarding scaling, we do have some room for improvement in this area, but we continually improve over time. That being said, we do know of customers with tens of thousands of events, but they’re likely not on a $5/month web hosting plan either.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sale Question – Recurring Events Database’ is closed to new replies.