Pre-filter events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pre-filter events

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Debra.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Debra
    Participant

On the events page, as I apply filters manually, the URL and filter bar update to reflect those filters. If I refresh the page, those filters will be reflected to the filter bar but not to the events in the calendar.

I’ve attached two screenshots. The first shows the calendar after three filters have been applied (no results were found). If I refresh the page those filters are still set but all of my events are showing.

My goal is to link to an event calendar that already has certain filters applied.

Cliff

I wasn’t able to replicate this exactly, but I was able to find a related bug: https://cl.ly/092C053w403n

Possibly fixing this would fix your issue as well.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Debra
    Participant

Thanks for passing this on. I tested it on your demo site and I’m running into the same issue.

Here’s a screen cast showing:

• Event filters selected
    • Filtered results displaying properly
    • Refreshed page
    • Filter bar is populated with correct event category but all results are displayed

Cliff

Great, thanks for that.

I added your video and notes to our internal bug report.

Debra
    Participant

I’ve decided to implement a really sketchy fix until this is actually patched.

If parameters appear in the URL of the event calendar page then I submit the #tribe_events_filters_form form after a short delay. This forces the calendar to run the filtering again and it gets it right.

Cliff

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for the extra effort this caused you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-filter events’ is closed to new replies.