Posts Page displaying Events after 4.4 upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Posts Page displaying Events after 4.4 upgrade

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Upgraded to 4.4 and set the homepage to be “Main events page” and removed the redirect I had created. That portion works well.

However, now when I click on Posts the Events page appears there as well. I confirmed that the Reading Settings Front Page: Main events page and Posts page: Blog.

If I revert back to assigning Front page: Events the post page works as expected.

Please help. 🙂

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jason,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue. I’m really sorry you are having this. I quickly tested and have managed to recreate it. It looks like we have a bug on our hand.

I will file an internal bug ticket for this so our developers can issue a fix. I will set the status of your thread to pending fix, so you will be notified once the fix is out.

Until the fix comes here is a workaround you can do:

• Create a blank page and use one of the shortcodes to create your desired calendar view.
    • Set this page as the main page instead of Main events page.
    • Set the Posts page to blog as before.

Let me know if this workaround works for you.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Jason
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thank you. I do love finding bugs.

I can make the ‘work around’ functional by using a redirect. The only issue is this method cause the Page Title to appear on the Home Page (which is actually the redirected page) as “Archive”. I’m unable to identify CSS code that will remove the Page title for a single page.

If there was a work around for this work around, it would solve my problem indeed. 🙂

Best regards,
    Jason

Jason
    Participant

Trying to identify CSS to remove the ‘Page Title’ for a specific page. The work around I had to use to put the calendar on the Main Page causes the page title to appear as ‘Archives’.

Please help.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Try this css snippet in your style.css file:

body.events-archive .header-post-title-container {
    display: none;
    }

This should hide the whole line that contains “Archives”.

Does this solve it?

A.

Jason
    Participant

That does allow for a useable work around. Thank you.

Will I be notified when the original bug I found is resolved?

Andras
    Keymaster

Absolutely Jason. We will post an update here in this thread and if you have the email notifications switched on, then you’ll also get it via mail.

Although I don’t want to make any promises, I think the fix will come in about a month or so.

Thanks again for reporting this and for your patience.

Cheers,
    Andras

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out, containing a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you,
    Cheers,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Posts Page displaying Events after 4.4 upgrade’ is closed to new replies.