Posts are not beng fed to Home Page. Theme is Flying News.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Posts are not beng fed to Home Page. Theme is Flying News.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kingdom vision
    Participant

I upgraded my events plugins on WordPress along with some others and didn’t realise that the 3.12 version was a test version. Yeah I know.

Anyway, it’s done now, so before I go back and reinstall the older versions, can you take a look? I’d be happy to test some actions out if that’s helpful. If the issues cannot be resolved I’ll reinstall the plugins on Friday 11 September

Issues to date:

Home page states: We are sorry, no results were found. You can try to find some related posts using the search function.

Events that are checked ‘Hide from Event Listings’ are still listed (annoying because they clog it up)

The ‘Find Events’ filter button on the calendar doesn’t do anything

I’ll let you know if there’s anything else I stumble on. I haven’t tried to add any new events yet.

Geoff

Hi @Tracey, and welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the trouble here. Quick question: when you say you didn’t realize 3.12 a “test version” what exactly do you mean? I ask because we formally released 3.12 just yesterday and it’s definitely not a test version but rather an official release. Are you using some other version, such as a release candidate or beta version by chance? If so, please do update the following to 3.12:

• The Events Calendar
    • The Events Calendar PRO
    • Community Events
    • Facebook Events

If you are on 3.12 and still seeing issues, then it would be great if we could tackle them one at a time so we make sure to hit everything. Since the title of thread is about the functionality to feed events posts to the main blog feed of the site, we can start there and you can open separate threads in the meantime if you wold like those to get individual attention.

Let’s start there and see what we find. If the issue continues to pop up, then I would really appreciate you running through these testing steps so we can pinpoint any specific conflicts that might exist.

Thanks!
    Geoff

kingdom vision
    Participant

Hi

The updates were the official 3.12 release. I thoughtb it was still being tested and didn’t get the email that it was now officially released until late last night, hence the confusion.

I’ve changed the theme to twenty thirteen and deactivated the other plugins as per the test instructions but still have ‘Nothing Found’ on the front page.

Help!

Geoff

Thanks for following up, @Tracey!

Do you have the option to display events on the homepage enabled in Events > Settings (screenshot)?

Also, is your homepage set up to show posts? The reason I ask is that there is a “Home” menu item in the navigation that points here instead:

http://www.kingdomvision.co.uk/contents/

…but is called “Home” in the page title. I wonder if there might be some conflict there. It would be worth heading to Settings > Reading from the WordPress dashboard and checking that your front page is set to display your latest posts (screenshot).

Thanks!
    Geoff

kingdom vision
    Participant

The option to display events on the homepage was already enabled in Events > Settings as per your screenshot.

The page entitled ‘Home’ at http://www.kingdomvision.co.uk/contents/ was an old static page and shouldn’t have been published. I’ve trashed it but it hasn’t affected the front page.

The button to display latest posts on the front page has already been selected as per your screenshot.

Still no posts on the front page.

Geoff

Quick question: if you publish a normal WordPress post to your site, does it display on the front page?

If not, then I think we’re looking at a global setting in WordPress rather than something directly in The Events Calendar and testing this will help us narrow that down.

Thanks!
    Geoff

kingdom vision
    Participant

Normal posts are not going to the home page either

kingdom vision
    Participant

I have a wordpress update 4.3 waiting to be done. I waited to update as it states plug in compatibility is unknown. Shall I go ahead and upadte anyway?

kingdom vision
    Participant

I’ve upgraded WordPress and went through deactivating the Events plugins one by one to see which were conflicting. It’s the Events Calendar PRO 3.12.

Geoff

Thanks a ton for the extra info here!

Do the posts show up on the homepage if you re-activate The Events Calendar PRO and switch back to the default WordPress Twenty Thirteen theme? I only ask because I’ve tried the same thing on my test site and both posts and events were displaying on the homepage–if the same happens for you, then I think we’re looking at a theme conflict which helps isolate the issue further.

Thanks!
    Geoff

kingdom vision
    Participant

No. Still ‘Nothing Found’

Geoff

Gotcha and thanks for bearing with me and going through this with me!

I’m going over this with some of our developers and am seeing an issue here and I’ve ticketed it in our system to fix it.

I’ll move this thread to Pending Fix and will keep you posted when we have more to share. In the meantime, try this as a workaround:
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Uncheck this setting here:
    </span><span class=”s1″>Events > Settings > General Tab > “Recurring event instances”</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>It will resolve the issue and show events on the home page.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>The other option is to disable Events from showing in the main loop:
    </span><span class=”s1”>Events > Settings > General Tab > “Include events in main blog loop”</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″>Sorry again for the issue and thanks for reporting it!</p>
    <p class=”p1”>Geoff</p>

kingdom vision
    Participant

Yay! Just followed the first step and it looks much better. Looking forward to the fix and thanks for perservering.

Geoff

Hey Tracey, just letting you know that we are indeed still working on this and will keep you posted as we have more to share. Thanks for your patience. 🙂

Geoff

Hello Tracey,

Just want to let you know that we just shipped an update and a patch for this issue was included. Please update and feel free to drop us a new note if you continue to bump into any issues with this. We appreciate your patience while we worked on this–thanks for your support!

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Posts are not beng fed to Home Page. Theme is Flying News.’ is closed to new replies.