Postal Code in List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Postal Code in List Widget

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Day from Germany,

we use the PRO Version and Tickekts Plus as well as the Filter Bar.
    We have updated today to all newest version you just released.

In one of the release notes were the Fix of the postal code in the list widget mentioned. According to the screenshot attached it obviousely still shows a wrong value.

Could you pls check.

Thanks and regards

Uwe

Nico

Hi there Uwe,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear this is till an issue for you ๐Ÿ™ Let’s see what’s going on…

I just installed 4.4.2 version of the plugins in my local install and could reproduce the bug. Then updated to 4.4.3 and could confirm this was fixed for me. So I’m curios if this might be a caching issue, but as far as I could see you are not running any cache plugins in the site.

Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue.

Please let me know how the tests go,
    Best,
    Nico

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Dear Nico,

thanks for your answer.
    Unfortunately I cannot simply change the theme to the standard one from WP because everything (and also the complete widget area) is controlled by our theme Avada. In my point of view this is an issue of the tribe plugin because there is a value as postal code shown (“1”). And this value comes from somewhere.
    I use the postal code of an venue in other places (customized tribe scripts) and it works fine.

So, do you have any other idea what could be the reason for that?

Regards
    Uwe

Nico

Hey Uwe,

Thanks for letting me know! Just wanted to see if another plugin / theme was getting in the way as this was recently fixed as far as we could test. Having a staging / development site for testing and troubleshooting is always advised in order to this is without affecting the live site.

Can you please describe the steps to reproduce this? Maybe there’s something different I’m not doing. Does the venue for that particular case have a value or is it empty? Are you only seeing this with postal code field? Does the same happens for State/Province field? Also is there any type or cache clearing you can do?

I use the postal code of an venue in other places (customized tribe scripts) and it works fine.

Not sure what you mean by this?

Lastly can you please send a link / URL were I can see this in action?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hey Nico,

thanks for your reply. You can see an example of the issue here: https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/blog/ In the sidebar you see the list widget working. Interesting is, that the value of the postal code is shown always as “1” where in reality Bremen or Hamburg have 5-digit different postal codes.

Regarding the your question of customization I did. There are several PHP scripts eg. meta.php where we show the postal code by customization. And it shows always the right results. So means in the database the right values for the postal code of the venues are available.

Best Regards
    Uwe

Nico

This reply is private.

Uwe Matern
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for following up Uwe!

I coul take a look at this and the problem is that the Avada template override for the single event in widgets is still outdated. As a quick fix you can add the lines below to the start of the template override located at …\wp-content\themes\Avada-Child-Theme\tribe-events\pro\widgets\modules\single-event.php:

*/

$zip = tribe_get_zip();
    $region = tribe_get_region();

$mini_cal_event_atts = tribe_events_get_widget_event_atts();

$post_date = tribe_events_get_widget_event_post_date();
    $post_id = get_the_ID();

Please amend the template override and let me know if it solves the issue,
    Best,
    Nico

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Dear Nico,

many thanks for your proposal. I updated the script accordingly – and it works! Great.
    I even changed the sequence city zip into zip city (as usual in Germany).

So, for the moment topic solved.

Best regards
    Uwe

Nico

Awesome Uwe! Thanks for confirming ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve reached out to Theme Fusion (Avada) and to make sure they are aware of the issue. Hopefully they will update the template accordingly any time soon.

Iโ€™ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please donโ€™t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Postal Code in List Widget’ is closed to new replies.