'post_type' => 'post'

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions 'post_type' => 'post'

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gilles

Hi,

i’m am using The Event Calendar and before paying the Pro licence i’ve just a case to be cleared..

When i setup an event (new or update one) i had some custom fields like Facebook link, website link, twitter link… and a custom fiel idCategory to be able to join an event to the posts wich are in the idCategory.
    That is to say, when i’m looking an event; i want to have the last posts speaking about the event.

I’ve wrote this code
    if ($custom[‘idCategory’][0]) {
    $args = array( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’,’posts_per_page’ => 10, ‘cat’ => $custom[‘idCategory’][0] );
    $my_query = new wp_query($args);
    if( $my_query->have_posts() ) { echo ”; while ($my_query->have_posts()) { $my_query->the_post();
    SHOW POST
    }

The trouble is that, even if $custom[‘idCategory’][0] return the good idCategory, wp_query returns no row and in fact the query is looking for post_type= TribeEvents !

there is nearly the same issu as in my website, on right side i have a widget calling the last-randomize-maxview posts
    look right here
    http://www.adonnante.com/calendrier/

When i am in an event page
    http://www.adonnante.com/epreuve/extreme-sailing-series-2015-acte-2-mascate-oman-11-14-mars/
    the right last-randomize-bestviuw posts show EVENTS and no POST !!!!

The two issues are the same i think, but i don’t find the way to corrected them.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Gilles

Gilles

to go further

for my request
    $args = array( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’,’posts_per_page’ => 10, ‘cat’ => $custom[‘idCategory’][0] );
    $my_query = new wp_query($args);

if i do a print_r($my_query) I have this

WP_Query Object ( [query_vars] => Array ( [post_type] => tribe_events [posts_per_page] => 10 [cat] => 1877 [error] => [m] => [p] => 0 [post_parent] => [subpost] => [subpost_id] => [attachment] => [attachment_id] => 0 [name] => [static] => [pagename] => [page_id] => 0 [second] => [minute] => [hour] => [day] => 0……

Notice the post_type wich is now tribe_events …

Barry

Hi Gilles,

It’s great to hear you’re thinking of purchasing a license – besides providing you with access to Events Calendar PRO and our official support forums it is a fantastic way to support the project 🙂

Here on the pre-sales forum, though, I’m afraid we do not provide technical support. Once you have a license you will certainly be welcome to post on our PRO forum, but until that point I would ask that you take any technical support questions across to our wordpress.org forum – our staff scan it periodically and other community members may also be able to help out.

Thanks again!

Gilles

Thanks,

i’ll have a look to the WP Forum…

I just want to be sure that this issues will find a solution before buying the Pro version to have the phot and map views option on my calendar

Regards

Gilles

Barry

I can definitely appreciate that and if you go ahead and post on our wordpress.org forum that is probably the best course of action (at least until you purchase a license and can take advantage of our PRO forums).

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘'post_type' => 'post'’ is closed to new replies.