Post 3.91 update: Empty Event Categories showing error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Post 3.91 update: Empty Event Categories showing error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hi there. Since updating to 3.91 last week, we’ve seen that our links to filtered views are generating errors when the category is empty and does not contain calendar events. For example, http://www.sfbike.org/events/category/learn-to-ride/ loads with this error at the top of the page “Notice: Undefined variable: tribe in /nfs/c04/h01/mnt/69205/domains/sfbike.org/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 273

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /nfs/c04/h01/mnt/69205/domains/sfbike.org/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 273”

If you refresh the search, it goes away. Any solutions?

Geoff

Hi there, Eric! Thanks forgetting in touch and sorry you’re bumping into some trouble with those error notices.

I wonder if a file was corrupted in the process of updating. Will you please try doing a fresh install of both The Events Calendar (3.9.1) and The Events Calendar PRO (3.9.1)?

You can grab a fresh copy of The Events Calendar here on WordPress and The Events Calendar PRO on this site under My Account > Downloads.

Delete your existing versions, install the new ones, then see if you notice any difference. Please give that a shot and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Kevin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks for the follow-up! Sorry you’re still hitting trouble here. Definitely not good.

I wonder if there’s some sort of conflict at play. Will you please try running through the steps in our Testing for Conflict Guide and let me know what you find?

Let’s try that before we get into deeper troubleshooting. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there! It’s been more than a couple of weeks since I’ve heard from you, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to start a new thread if you have any additional questions and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Post 3.91 update: Empty Event Categories showing error’ is closed to new replies.