Possible code errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Possible code errors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carol Hergenroeder
    Participant

Hi,

We temporarily installed CodePinch to solve an issue unrelated to Modern Tribe. The plugin issued two warnings, both attributed to Events Calendar Pro. I’m reporting these in case you find it helpful. To be clear, we are not experiencing any problems with Events Calendar. This is just FYI.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
    wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php 893 2016-08-07 15:12:32 (33)

Warning: strtotime() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
    wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php 855 2016-08-04 15:12:13 (5)

Nico

Hi there @deichenlaub,

Thanks so much for sending this report!

While I’m not sure about this two warnings I’ll share them with the dev team and let you know when they are back to me.

Thanks,
    Nico

Nico

Hey! Just wanted to give you a heads-up on these messages, I’ve looked into this with a developer from the team but he doesn’t think it’s something worth looking much into unless you are getting this same warnings all the time or for all events. But if they don’t bother it’s safe to ignore them!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

tuberb
    Participant

I am a developer who has the events calendar on a number of sites that I support. I have error logging enabled and get daily logs emailed back to me so that I can be aware of any issues that develop on my sites to be able to troubleshoot them.

I therefore get daily logs from all of my sites running your plugin informing me of errors about
    PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php which I have to spend the time wading through before I find any real issues. If your developer is aware of the sloppy coding that results in those errors appearing, it would be nice if he could take the few minutes to fix the issue and spare the rest of us the time we spend seeing the result every day.

Nico

Hi there @tuberb,

Thanks for adding your voice and for raising this legit point! Sorry if these warning messages are a pain for your project. I will have to touch base with our devs to actually respond to your inquire as I’m not much technically.

I’ll give you a heads up when I have an answer for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey @tuberb,

Thanks for the patience! I talked about this with our devs and they are interested in knowing which specific line is the one returning the warning (there are many for each loops in that class) and also it would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check if everything looks right on that end.

I’ll try to reproduce these warnings if possible and file a bug report for this to get fixed.

Best,
    Nico

tuberb
    Participant

Here is what I am seeing, which is the same as one of the line numbers that the original poster also reported:

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php on line 893

Nico

Hey tuberb,

Thanks for following up! After inspecting the code I’ve tried a couple of things to try to reproduce the warning message but I was unable to force this 🙁

Can you identify the error with any event or page in your site? Are there any steps you are aware of to reproduce this?

@deichenlaub
    , feel free to add any additional info if you have.

Best,
    Nico

Carol Hergenroeder
    Participant

Hi Nico,

I can’t provide much help. We were working on a problem with another plugin. They asked us to install CodePinch. CodePinch gave the two errors I reported earlier. No other errors were reported. We found our issue and turned CodePinch off.

This is a non-symptomatic error for us. We are enjoying our Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, and Events Calendar Category Colors plugins immensely and have not observed any bugs. The Calendar is always near the top of our most visited pages. I sent this to you only in case you found it useful.

We consider this resolved. Feel free to change it to unresolved if it helps you work with Tuberb.

Dennis

Nico

Hey Dennis,

Thanks so much for your reply! Glad to hear you are enjoying our plugins and that they are an important part of your site 🙂

As you are the original poster here, I think it’s best we close this thread out and ask @tuberb, to open up a new thread so we can continue to help him out.

@tuberb
    , can you please open a up a new thread to continue the conversation about the warnings? Please do link this post and start by answering the question from my last update: Can you identify the error with any event or page in your site? Are there any steps you are aware of to reproduce this?. Me or some of my team mates will pick up the issue there and help you out.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread!

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible code errors’ is closed to new replies.