position of textarea on event submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events position of textarea on event submission form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

My client doesn’t want users to use the visual editor on the event submission form, so I turned that off in Settings. Now the text area for the description appears to the right of the EVENT DESCRIPTION title. See jpg.

The box appears in the right place (below title) if the wysiwyg editor is used.

I have disabled image uploading as well (they didn’t want that either).

I looked at the code but I can’t see what I should change right off the bat.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Joseph!

Thanks for getting in touch. Let me help you with that issue.

That seems like a theme or plugin conflict, particularly with the styles, so could you please go through the complete steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and see if it changes anything?

It also seems you are using an older version of Community Events 4.4.5. We always suggest to update to the latest versions of our plugins.

In your case, you will be switching from Community Events 4.4 to 4.5 so it’s important to note that Community Events 4.5 includes new front-end views (More info), so if you are making any template customizations be sure to test the updates in a staging/dev site before doing so in the live site.

We also encourage you to make a full backup of your site, both database and files, before testing that out so you can restore your site in the event something goes wrong.

Finally, please share with us your latest system info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Victor

Thanks Victor – I’ll upgrade and see if that helps. (I thought I had pasted my complete system information to the ticket – weird).

Victor
    Keymaster

Sure Joseph! We’ll be here when you come back with the results 🙂

I can see your system information, but just wanted to make sure we are seeing the latest.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Victor – I was finally able to update the plugin and the problem has gone away, so I’m going to close this ticket.

Thank you. You guys rock.

-Joseph

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Joseph!

Great to know everything is working fine as expected. Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Cheers! 🙂
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘position of textarea on event submission form’ is closed to new replies.