plugin was causing duplicate events, now won't import any after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator plugin was causing duplicate events, now won't import any after update

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Erin.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Erin
    Participant

Events were getting duplicated, so i removed them all, updated the plugin, and set up my imports again. nothing is being imported to the calendar. events are showing as ‘updated’ not ‘new’ — I would have expected all events to be considered ‘new’ since the events had all been removed from wordpress. There are still no events in wordpress.

I’m running wordpress 4.9.4 and events calendar 4.6.11.1 and events calendar pro 4.4.23.

Erin
    Participant

Also, it appears I purchased Event Aggregator, but I don’t see a place to download it so I can enter my key.

Erin
    Participant

Disregard my last comment.

Update: I was able to get Facebook events to import but not Google Calendar events. I made sure I’m using the public not private ics link.

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Erin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Erin,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I was able to import that calendar URL without issue.  Can you share a screenshot of what you see in the New Import screen when you try to import this calendar?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Erin
    Participant

Hi, ok it looks like both calendars are importing now. But there’s still one weird thing happening:

We have an event every Sunday night from 9pm to 1am Monday. The event is showing up three times, which is one more than we would expect:

• once from the Facebook import (expected)
    • once from the Google Calendar import (expected)
    • once 12AM – 1AM Monday only (unexpected) — appears to be from Google Calendar

The last one on the list is not on either calendar that I can see. I’m thinking the cause could be one of these:

• The person scheduling the events originally created two separate events (9-12 and 12-1) not realizing it was ok/possible to make it a single 9PM-1AM event, and then corrected it by updating the 9PM event and deleting the 12-1 event — which would mean the plugin is not erasing the deleted events
    • OR

• It was always one 9PM-1AM event and plugin is creating a duplicate event for the post-midnight portion of it

I’m guessing it’s the former; but either way, how do we fix it? Is there a setting I’m missing?

e

Hi Erin,

You can change your end-of-day cutoff to 1am (or later) so that the event will still remain within one day.  Right now, the default is set for midnight, which may account for the confusion.

You can find this setting under Events Settings < General.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Erin
    Participant

Our cutoff was already set to 2AM… I moved it to 3AM just in case… any other ideas?

Hi Erin,

According to your system information, you end of day cutoff was set to 12am.

After changing that, can you check if you have a WordPress timezone set?  You can do so by going to Settings < General.  If not, please go ahead and set that up.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Erin
    Participant

Ah! That might be it. We didn’t have our time zone set. I’ve updated that and we will see how it goes. Stay tuned! And thank you!

Great, keep me posted!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘plugin was causing duplicate events, now won't import any after update’ is closed to new replies.