Plug In is causing site to Crash

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plug In is causing site to Crash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DYMPHNA
    Participant

theleaddomino.com

Site was down this morning. Recovered it but had to deactivate all plug ins to do so.

Reactived plug ins on at a time…Event Pro Crashed site twice.

Help!

Hunter

Hello!

Sorry to hear about the issues. Rest assured, I’m here to help 🙂

Have you tried activating the default WordPress theme (Twenty Fourteen-Twenty Sixteen) and only our plugins? In other words, can you please try deactivating your custom theme and all plugins other than ours to see if you can reproduce the behavior?

It would also be helpful if you could include your System Information as a private reply.

Once I hear back, we’ll continue investigating. Thank you so much for purchasing our products and have a wonderful evening. Cheers!

DYMPHNA
    Participant

Yes, I’ve tried that protocol.

Now, another site with this plug in that I just made has gone down as well. Both sites went down after we made an update.

DYMPHNA
    Participant

I can’t share the system info in the way described. The second I reactivate the plug in the site goes down.

DYMPHNA
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for the follow-up responses and for sending over the System Information. When you say the site crashes, does it go to a white screen, a 404, etc? Do you see any errors in your server’s error log? The more information you can provide, the better chance I have at being able to provide assistance.

Keep me posted and thanks again. Have a good evening 🙂

DYMPHNA
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Dee,

Thank you for the response. It looks like you’re actually experiencing a fatal error impacting all WordPress users using a version of PHP older than 5.6. You can learn more about the WordPress requirements here. It is strongly recommended that you update the version of PHP for all sites running WordPress.

A temporary workaround would be to edit line 97 of /events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php from:

return ! empty( tribe_get_events( $args ) );

to:

$tribe_events = tribe_get_events( $args );
    return ! empty( $tribe_events );

I hope this answer helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks again and take care.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Plug In is causing site to Crash’ is closed to new replies.