Please Fill in all Required Fields Error Showing When Fields are Filled

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Please Fill in all Required Fields Error Showing When Fields are Filled

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

We have a live ticket on one of our pages. When someone tries to register, they get the notification “Please fill in all required fields” even if they have already done so. They are only able to submit the form if all of the required fields are removed.

Is this a WooCommerce issue? Is this something we can override?

Thank you

David
    Participant

This is a business impacting issue we really need some help on quickly.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’m sorry you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you get it resolved as quickly as possible. I took a look at the site we have listed for you but didn’t see any events with tickets. Can you please send me a link to a page where this is happening so I can take a look?

Have you tried testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If not, this is an important first step in tracking down the source of the issue, so please be sure to do so! If you don’t want to do this on your live site and don’t have a testing environment, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I also just noticed that you’re running a slightly older version of The Events Calendar. Can you try updating to version 4.6.3? If you don’t see a prompt to update in the Plugins section of your Dashboard, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

David
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

We updated the calendar yesterday. We also tested for conflicts on our live site and found none.
    The tickets is located here: https://netsapiens.com/ugm/
    If you select Qty 1 and then the drop down will ask you for information. At the moment, none of it is set to required as it we cannot get the fields to work when they are required.
    Screenshot is attached with the message we receive when fields are set to required.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for sending the link and the screenshot! I took a look at the page but didn’t see anything obvious there that would be causing this issue (such as Javascript errors). Could you possibly send me a link to a page with the fields set to required so I can test this out and recreate the issue, such as in a testing environment? If you can set that environment to a default theme and have only The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and Event Tickets Plus enabled within that environment, that would be really helpful in narrowing down the source of the issue!

Thanks,

Jennifer

David
    Participant

So I did all that and it works. Here is the Link:
    https://netsapiens.com/nsstaging/?page_id=6376

Question – how do we troubleshoot with the theme we are using for our website? We can’t change the theme.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Nice job narrowing down the source of the issue! Unfortunately the link you sent requires a login, but I think there is probably a Javascript-related conflict with your theme at play here. Please note that we are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for theme conflicts, but if you want to send me a copy of the complete theme file (and child theme if you are using one), I’d be happy to do some testing on my end. If you’d like to do this, please upload the folder to Dropbox and include the link here.

Thanks,

Jennifer

David
    Participant

So after a lot of testing and trial and error, creating new tickets new pages, etc…

We have figured out that the required fields do not work when using the shortcode [event_tickets_form] with the shortcode plugin installed.

This would be fine, however we can not place the Ticket section on the part of the page we need to without the shortcode. The ticket section is going below all the other content on the page.

How can we change the location of the ticket section without the shortcode?

David
    Participant

Looking for an update on the shortcode issue. Please let us know how to fix the shortcode or let us know how to place the “Ticket” section in another location on a page without the shortcode.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’m sorry for the delay here…You can move the ticket section by adjusting the settings under WPAdmin → Events → Settings → Tickets → Location of Tickets form. I just did some testing on my end with the shortcode, and the required fields were working on my end (with the regular form and with the shortcode). So, it sounds like this is indeed a conflict with the theme.

Can you give the Location of Tickets form setting a try and see if that gets the ticket form where you need it? Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Please Fill in all Required Fields Error Showing When Fields are Filled’ is closed to new replies.