Photo view still broken after 4.4.4 plugin update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo view still broken after 4.4.4 plugin update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

The photos appear very briefly then are gone when the page loads completely.

jskk123
    Participant

I have staging version of this site with the same theme & same other plugins, using The Events Calendar 4.4.2, TEC Pro 4.4.1 and TEC Community 4.4.1 and the photo view works there.

Elizabeth
    Participant

I’ve determined a couple of temporary fixes, but they’re not complete.

1. This occurs when Skeleton CSS is selected in the settings. Switch to a different CSS. I don’t like that, so I’m doing without photo view until this is fixed by TEC.

2. Edit the Skeleton CSS:
    Override or set opacity 1 (not zero) in this css line
    #tribe-events-photo-events{opacity:1;}
    That lets the events show, but then they are not in their proper columns, which may be a problem with this line:
    #tribe-events-photo-events .type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event{float:left;width:23.0%;margin:0 4p 30px 0;padding:0;border:0}

3. Switch the page template in settings from Events Calendar to standard page (but then most features are disabled, and events look very basic).

This seems to point to a problem w. the CSS, the template, or both.
    Please fix!

Paul
    Participant

Same issue here… at the moment it seems one big issue gets fixed then another one occurs 🙁

Hunter

Hi to all of you 🙂

@Elizabeth, I noticed you created a separate thread on the issue. Thank you for that. Please continue any conversation in your thread as to avoid confusion. @Paul, would you mind creating a separate thread? It’s a requirement and helps expedite the process all around. Feel free to refer back to this thread.

@jskk123, if you set the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” setting under Events > Settings > Display to either “Full Styles” and/or “Tribe Events Styles“, does the issue occur? Or does the problem only occur when you have it set to “Skeleton Styles“?

I see you checked ‘Yes’ to reverting back to the default WordPress theme and deactivating all plugins other than ours as instructed in the Testing for conflicts guide, but can you please confirm this?

Would you mind testing again, but this time please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file? Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Between the information you’ve already shared with me and the results of the tests I’ve requested, we should be able to move pretty quickly through the process. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to open threads and have a pleasant rest of your day. Cheers!

jskk123
    Participant

I deactivated all plugins & tried a couple different themes, Bridge theme & 2014. The plugins don’t make a difference. The only time it doesn’t work is when skeleton styles are selected with Bridge or 2014.

So I obviously have 2 issues – photo view w/skeleton styles and my EVENTICA theme. So once you guys fix, I’ll post a ticket with them. If you really need me to I can turn on debug, but it didn’t seem necessary. thanks!

Hunter

Welcome back!

We are aware of Photo view not working when using “Skeleton Styles” – so I’ll include this thread to the bug report. I don’t have a precise date when a fix will be available nor a workaround in the meantime other than using a different option or downgrading to the version which works best for you, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information.

I do want to bring to your attention that we are unable to provide support for conflicts with custom themes. The only scenario where we provide support for theme conflicts are when any of our plugins conflict with the default WordPress themes (Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Sixteen, etc). Please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article for more information on the matter.

Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo view still broken after 4.4.4 plugin update’ is closed to new replies.