Photo View showing wrong template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View showing wrong template

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rich Berardi
    Participant

Good morning, Photo View is showing my standard WP template (displaying page title and breadcrumbs) even though I have set “Events Template” to Default Events Template. The Default Events Template is used under list view and month view, just not on Photo View:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaq61l4x0e8pzxc/TheEventsCal.png?dl=0

I have tried changing the settings for default style sheet and events template, but it does not seem to make a difference.

I currently have those set at “Full Styles” and “Default Events Template” which are my preferred settings.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Rich,

That sounds odd.

Would it be possible to view a live example in case any obvious clues present themselves (I visited the URL provided when you opened this thread, but it does not seem to be a site that uses The Events Calendar)?

You also noted having run through our standard troubleshooting steps, which is great, and your screenshot suggests that you are using something other than a default theme.

With that in mind, can I ask you to confirm if the problem only occurs with this particular theme (which theme is it?) or have you found anything else that’s needed to cause this issue?

Thanks!

Rich Berardi
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK – so best I can tell all of those views are using the default events template.

The important thing to note is that the default events template doesn’t stand alone – it assumes that your theme follows convention and includes a header and footer template (which are pulled in from your theme).

With that in mind, I think the discrepancy in what you are seeing is due to something in your theme’s header.php template which isn’t something we can control directly.

My recommendation here – if you wish to remove elements from the header in photo view is to edit that template (possibly by creating a child theme, but that’s up to you) and wrap it in a conditional statement, something like this:

<?php if ( ! tribe_is_photo() ): ?>
        <!-- your theme's code used to generate the title/breadcrumbs -->
    <?php endif ?>

That will stop those elements from being generated whenever the view is photo view: the reason we’re not explicitly testing for month/list view is that we know there is no such problem there.

Does that help at all?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View showing wrong template’ is closed to new replies.