Photo View Orders Events Out of Date Order When Screen Size is Smaller

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View Orders Events Out of Date Order When Screen Size is Smaller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

When I am in the photo view of the Events Calendar – the events do not appear in the proper order when the screen size is smaller. August 12th event is appearing before a July 30th event.

Is there a way to correct this so the events show in chronological order.

Cliff

I’m sorry the Photo View’s sort order is causing you confusion or poor user experience. Others have had similar feedback in the past.

The Photo View uses jQuery Isotope to output the items in a Pinterest-type grid but not in a rigid row-column type grid.

You can view our Demo Site’s Photo View to compare its sorting to how your site is working.

Here’s a video explaining the Photo View’s sort order: https://cl.ly/1K0h2E0K1y0Q

The events are in order if you look at the top of each Photo View item in relationship to the top of the page (not in relationship to each other). Said another way, if your browser’s address bar is the North Pole, all the Photo View items are in order by the earlier start dates being “more north” than later events.

These 2 screenshots may be of further help:

I hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you are experiencing something different.

If you’d like to see the sorting script improved, feel free to suggest it as an enhancement at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

If you’re wanting Photo View’s sorting or grid/layout customized for your site, I’d guess any customization would need to be done via JavaScript, not CSS. If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our list of known customizers.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View Orders Events Out of Date Order When Screen Size is Smaller’ is closed to new replies.