Photo View on calendar has stopped working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View on calendar has stopped working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Hi,
    The ‘photo’ view on our calendar has stopped working – With this as defualt setting the events page is blank. Have changed to ‘list’ view today and all events display in that way and all single events still display. Was working yesterday and no installs/updates since so looking for any suggestions please
    Cheers
    Simon

charrame
    Participant

I have the same problem

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

I could not replicate the issue on my test site, but on the Photo View I see different coding in the source code that might be causing this.

The events are there, but some css is hiding the events.

Do you have any templates in your theme in this directory:

yourtheme/tribe-events/pro/photo/

If so you may have to update the custom templates with the latest version found in the plugin here:

plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/photo/

Let me know what you find out and we can go from here.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am still not sure of the cause so please let me know what you find out.

Try adding this css to fix the photo view though:

#tribe-events-content-wrapper #tribe-events-photo-events {
    opacity: 1;
    }

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Simon
    Participant

I’ve added the css above and now get phot display back – However not as it used to be. Now seems to be more ‘formal’ and only allows one page of events so clicking for previous/next events has no effect.

Mr Rupert Cefai
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the same issue as above but I am still on version 3.11.1 of Calendar PRO and have no custom templates. Strange this happened and that the simple CSS fix above fixes it.

Is this a bug maybe?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

The css is a temporary patch.

The issue appears to be scripts on sites are not loading and since the page is not completely loading the Photo View script is not running.

The scripts I found are all related to Facebook and Google Maps. Here is two sample files that my browser would not load:

http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbds.js
    http://connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js

I am not seeing any issues on sites I run so it is unclear why your site is having an issue.

You can try to run through our Testing For Conflicts Guide and see if that narrows down the cause.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Hello charrame and Mr Rupert Cefai

Thanks for posting here. I can certainly help you here, but we can help you better if you create your own topic in the forum, where we can interact with you one on one. Also, we encourage you to post on your own topic because every time we post it will email the author of the topic.

So if you can let me know what you find out in a new topic we can help you there, but if you like you can still post what you find here.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry again for the issues here.

We think we have found the problem and it is due to a change in the Google Maps API.

Please add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php:

/**
    * Null values in the geoloc estimates can cause breakages with the
    * current Google Maps scripts; this helps to ensure that is avoided
    * by effectively casting nulls to zeroes.
    * @param array $geocords
    * @return array
    */
    function temp_fix_geocoords_breakage( $geocords ) {
    return array_map( 'floatval', $geocords );
    }
    add_filter( 'transient_geoloc_center_point_estimation', 'temp_fix_geocoords_breakage' );

Let me know if that fixes the issue until we can get a release out.

Thanks

Geoff

Hey there!

Just a heads up that we released a patch for this issue just minutes ago in Events Calendar PRO 3.12.5. Please check it out and feel free to hit us back up if you come across any other issues.

Thanks for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on it!

Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View on calendar has stopped working’ is closed to new replies.