Photo View Display breaks in 4.4.4 update resolution?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View Display breaks in 4.4.4 update resolution?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

There were a few topics when the 4.4.4 Pro update came out where the photo view displays events stacked on top of each other rather than in rows.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/photo-view-still-broken/#post-1252963

Was there any resolution to the issue/thread? We haven’t updated yet because of the issue, but would like to move all plugins to the latest version. Unfortunately, we see the issue when we do. Just wondering if it is the plugin code or if a function was deprecated that could be in our customized theme template. Any help or ideas would be great appreciated!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Peter!

Thanks for reaching out!

I have checked the report on this issue and does not seem to affect many users and seems more of an edge case or a glitch. This is why the issue is not marked as of higher priority at the moment.

I’ve taken a look at your staging site and could not reproduce the issue. Could you please share with us a screenshot of the issue happening in that site? Are you able to only reproduce it occasionally?

What happens if you switch to a default theme like 2017, does it still occur?

Please let me know more about it.

In the meantime, I have attached this thread to the bug report so we can keep you posted about the news.

Thanks,
    Victor

Peter
    Participant

oops, Sorry, Victor. I forgot to push the updated plugins to the staging site. It shows up now: https://circusjuventas.staging.wpengine.com/classes/

hmm.. ok it does work when in the 2017 theme. Is there an easy way to compare the two templates to see what is the outlier?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Peter!

Thanks for following up with this.

I can see the issue now, but I think we could be dealing with a different conflict.

Are you making any template overrides in your theme? You can verify this by going to your theme folder and see if there is a folder named /tribe-events. If so, please try removing it and see if any changes.

Also, do you have any custom coding in place in your theme’s functions.php file or in a custom plugin? Try removing/deactivating those customizations and see if any difference.

Additionally, could you please copy and paste your latest system information in a private reply?

Thanks,
    Victor

Peter
    Participant

Yes we are using template overrides. When I disable the pro/photo/loop.php the grid view returns(yay!), though it is defaulting to 3 columns instead of original 4.

It looks like the newer loop.php adds a two new classes: tribe-events-photo-grid-sizer and tribe-events-photo-gutter-sizer. Do we need to add these to fix back to our original 4 x12 grid display?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Peter.
    Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Peter!

Thanks for testing that out!

Yes, that is likely the issue here. The loop.php template file needs those two empty containers so that the photo view works properly.

Please try adding them to your template override and see if it works. I’m not really sure if it will display as a four column grid, as that seems to be part of a customization in your own theme.

We are limited in how much support we can give for template customizations, but we always like helping out. So, if it doesn’t work for you feel free to send us a copy of your loop.php template override so I can run some tests and see what I can find.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Peter!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which this issue is no longer present.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View Display breaks in 4.4.4 update resolution?’ is closed to new replies.