Photo Display

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo Display

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    William Dalton
    Participant

After the latest update, I’m having some issues with the Photo display view on the event calendar. The photos will not display at all anymore. Any help will be appreciated thanks…

http://jeffersonpac.com/event-calendar/photo/

Geoff B.

Good evening William and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the photo view no longer displaying properly on your site. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, there seems to be some sort of Javascript based conflict going on.
    You can see that by using the Developer tools from Google Chrome and looking at the Console tab.

More specifically, there seems to be a conflict with one of the jquery scripts found in your theme.
    Resolving that conflict will probably fix the issue.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

William Dalton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

William Dalton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

William Dalton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

William Dalton
    Participant

Hey I added this CSS into my theme custom.css file and it forced the photo events to show. I then styled them to look appropriate.

#tribe-events-photo-events .tribe-events-photo-event {
    position: relative !important;
    display: inline-block;
    }
    #tribe-events-photo-events.isotope {
    opacity: 1 !important;
    }
    .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap{
    width: 305px;
    }

It seems the issue was conflicting nanoScroller js from the theme and the plug-in being ran at the same time. I’m not entirely sure how to fix that problem but this fix works for now.

Geoff B.

Hey William,

I am mostly glad those CSS rules worked for you with a bit of tweaking.

Thank you for sharing your additional tips.

It seems the issue was conflicting nanoScroller js from the theme and the plug-in being ran at the same time. I’m not entirely sure how to fix that problem but this fix works for now.

The simplest thing would be for your theme to use a more recent version of Isotope. Perhaps they will do just that in a future update.

Either way, I recommend dropping them a word about this conflict (just so they at least know).

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I’m passing through to mention a conflict between Events Calendar Pro’s Photo View and the X Theme.

That conflict is likely a part of the problems mentioned in this thread. We identified the conflict and the X Theme team is working on a fix within their theme code — there is not a specific release date for this fix yet, but it should be arriving fairly soon (e.g. a few weeks from the date of my posting this message, if all goes according to plan).

Please be sure to update your copy of X Theme whenever new update available, so that when this fix is finally released in the theme code, you get your hands on it as soon as it’s available.

Stay tuned to X Theme updates!

Thanks,
    George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo Display’ is closed to new replies.