PDF tickets Extension / problems

Home Forums Additional Help Extensions PDF tickets Extension / problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I am moving to your new extension from print&view tickets extension. But i have some problems with these PDF tickets.

1. We have built a ticket template that reacts to check in. So that after check in our digital tickets receive a check in label. Because the pdf is created once (after it is bought) and not always when the link is clicked. Because of this it does not have the changes made from the check in. The previous plugin was always creating the ticket when it was viewed so we could change it on the fly. How can we have the ticket to be created always when it is viewed? Or is there a way to be using the html version for viewing not the pdf (this would be better)?

2. How we can manipulate the outlook of the pdf? Is there a way to have a style sheet attached to it? As the outlook of the pdf is pretty far away from the html ticket…

Well i hope we can find some solutions to these problems, because we have been really heavily marketing digital Tickets. That can be changed on the fly. As this change really ruins the idea.

Thanks.

Cliff

Hi, Ilkka. Is there a reason to move from the old extension to the new one if the old one is still working for you?

Saving the file to the uploads directory happens because of the $dest = ‘F’ from https://github.com/moderntribe/products-extensions/blob/master/tribe-ext-pdf-tickets/index.php#L760-L774

As far as custom styling goes, I’d point you to https://mpdf.github.io/css-stylesheets/introduction.html

After reviewing all this information, feel free to request what you think you’ll need to move forward with your project.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

The only reason i would be moving to the new extension is that i thought you are going to end supporting the print&view tickets extension?

Can i use both at the same time? Or just continue using the old print&view tickets which is a better solution for me.

Thanks.

Cliff

This is correct.

If using alongside each other, you could use version 1.0.0 of the Display and Print Tickets extension, which didn’t have the PDF functionality.

However, both of the issues you brought up seem solvable via the new PDF Tickets extension, and I’ll be glad to assist you with solving your needs with it, even updating it as needed to support use cases we can understand.

I understand your requests but would need to know exactly what you’d want/need.

You’re welcome to share screenshots, code snippets, whatever else you need to fully communicate your request.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have two problems.

1. On many places i am providing a link to electronic ticket “View ticket”. With pdf extension i am not sure how to generate this link.

2. The second problem is that i would like to have the ticket always updated when it is viewed.

3. The proper styling of the ticket i believe i am able to achieve when i start focusing on it.

I hope you are following what i am trying to achieve.

Thanks

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I have been making some tests and it seems that i can use both pdf tickets extension and print&view 2.0 tickets extension at the same time. However i feel that this is not maybe the best practice and would like to get this pdf tickets working for me. Can you verify that you are going to be stop support for print&view extension, if you are.

ilkka

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

One crucial thing for the pdf tickets extension. It is naming the file as tribe_tickets_….pdf how can i change that. As this naming with tribe_tickets is confusing to our customers as they really do not have any idea of tribe_tickets. So better idea would be having my domain name on the file. How can i change this?

And where are all the pdf files stored? In one location?

Any ideas for this?

ilkka

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Okay i found the pdf tickets in uploads folder.

ilkka

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

So it seems that if i delete the ticket from the folder, it will be creating the again and it will be updated. Know i have to be making some testing what is the best way to delete the ticket from the folder. Or when…

Cliff

I’m keeping track of these requests and will get answers to you soon.

However, could you please clarify if you still need custom styling or did you figure that part out on your own?

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Yes i need help styling it.

I am working on styling the pdf. Doing some tests but it seems that something is really messing it up as normal css styling is not really working on it. Sometimes it is but mostly not. I have created a different print rules for it which does not work mostly. I do not know if it is the instyle css for older email clients messing it up.

Seems to me that there should be a different template for the pdf ticket or i have something really wrong in the ticket template.

Anyways styling it seems to be impossible. I have read the article you pointed me to.

Thanks

Cliff

Are you customizing /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php via a template override (per our Themer’s Guide) at [your-active-child-theme]/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

Basically, the PDF is a print view of the actual email they receive and modifying this email.php file is what would go into both the email client and the PDF.

Is this not your experience or are you wanting styling in the PDF separate from the email styling? Whichever it is, please provide details and explanation.

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

What are each of those screenshots of? They both look great.

Could you please send a .zip containing nothing but your custom email.php file so I can test on my end?

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘PDF tickets Extension / problems’ is closed to new replies.