Payment Processing Options

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Payment Processing Options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    randalldon
    Participant

Hi There,

My query relates to the payment options as provided by Eventbrite. On the Eventbrite site this link http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/en_us/portal/articles/428901-payment-processor-options provides the options available. When assessing this with my client they decided that they would prefer to use number 1 – Credit card processing. However, i’m running the The Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro along with the Eventbrite tickets add-on but this options is never presented as a payment option with only Paypal & Google Checkout listed within the WordPress event creating work-flow as options to select from. Is Credit Card processing not a payment option when using the Eventbrite Ticket add-on for WordPress?

Many thanks

Brendan Randall

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Brendan. This definitely sounds fishy. Would you mind sending me a link to the site so that I could see the behavior?

Thanks!

randalldon
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for coming back to me. It may well be that my client chooses not to use Credit Card processing in the final instance but it seems strange that this isn’t an option. I can give you access if required to see the behavior for yourself but as a first port of call i’ve uploaded an image which shows you the admin screen within WordPress http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w464/randalldon/eventbrite-screenshot_zpsebeba10b.jpg. Looking at this image you’ll see that under on-line Accepted Payment Methods: there’s only PayPal & Google Checkout with no option for ‘Credit Card Processing’.

Many thanks in advance.

Brendan

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks for the screenshot, Brendan. 🙂 I will get with our dev team and report back.

Please note that because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I may not have a definitive answer for you until early next week.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Brendan. Our dev team just had a chance to go through the Eventbrite API docs. It appears that they have removed all options for payment processing configuration (at least from their API docs) for everything other than PayPal.

As you can imagine, this is troubling for us, and we’re going to do our best to get in touch with them through our channels, but they’re usually much more responsive to users than they are to us developers. So, if you wouldn’t mind reaching out to them and letting us know when you hear back, we’d be very grateful! 🙂

I’m sorry that we don’t have anything more concrete for you. If we do hear back, we’ll be sure to let you know!

randalldon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rob

Hey Brendan. Just wanted to follow-up on this to provide some context regarding your concern, since I know it can be disappointing to be told to contact Eventbrite for a problem that’s perceived to be in our own plugin might appear as passing the buck.

That said, it’s worth noting that with this particular plugin, we are pretty constrained with what we can do/what we have control over, since almost all of it is driven by the Eventbrite API. While we do what we can to tap into that, there’s no question that they’ve limited the API a bit in such a way that it doesn’t provide access to all the same features that are available when creating events at Eventbrite.com.

On an issue like this: while we’d love to be able to simply make a change in our codebase to account for this, it’s not something we are legitimately able to do — it’d require a change on EB’s side. But if you reach out to them and they express a willingness, we will totally update our codebase to reflect whatever changes they then make to their API.

Thanks again for your support and patience; hopefully this sheds some light on things. Let me know if not or if I can elaborate further.

randalldon
    Participant

Hi Kelly, Rob,

I just thought i’d feedback the response i had from Eventbrite on this issue. I submitted a support request directly with them and you’ll find their response below:

“As Events Calendar Pro utilizes the Eventbrite API it is constrained to the methods we provide. In the payment_update we have not included credit card processing as an option for fraud and security reasons as this would require someone to enter their mailing address or direct deposit information via the API. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and I will submit the feedback to our Product Manager and see if this will be an option in the future!”

Thanks for your time on this anyway. It looks like PayPal is the way to go.

Regards

Brendan

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Brendan. Thank you so much for relaying this back to us. We’re naturally disappointed that that is how they feel, but I can understand their concern.

I’m sorry that we weren’t able to help you use an option other than PayPal. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to be of assistance. 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

jkatner
    Participant

Has the payment option been resolved? We just recently purchased the Events Calendar Pro update and the Eventbrite add on so we can sell our classes online and have the payment processed through Eventbrite’s credit card processing. We do not want to use Paypal. I am not getting this error after setting up my event:
    Error

All required fields must be filled out correctly in order for this event to be associated to Eventbrite. The following required fields were not filled out (or not correctly):
    Ticket Payment Methods (at least one should be selected)
    Please fill in the missing fields and try saving again.

jkatner
    Participant

I didn’t get a response to my July 21st post…

larrystrange
    Participant

Just purchased and the PayPal only behavior is a deal breaker. Can we expect this to be fixed soon or should I request a refund for the EventBrite plugin ?

jkatner
    Participant

I’m with larrystrange, we’re in the same boat. Just recently purchased the EventBrite plugin and the Paypal only as an option doesn’t work for us. We also want a refund for our purchase if this can’t be resolved. We were talked into the purchase but our website developer who was under the impression we would be able to accept credit cards as payments. PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

larrystrange
    Participant

crickets = ANNOYING. Requesting refund now…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Payment Processing Options’ is closed to new replies.