Past Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Past Events

• This topic has 25 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Josh.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Chris Claghorn
    Participant

I know you mentioned removing the /events/past, but how can I simulate that now. I have a site where they want to list past events on a page. Please advise.

Josh
    Participant

Hello claghorn,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You’re correct that the “events/past” has been updated and replaced with “list” structure. To get the new list to display only past events, you can add a query variable to the URL so the link would look something like this “events/list/?tribe_event_display=past”. This should provide the same view as the former “past” link.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

I modified the link to past events with what you suggested. It still does not list past events, it just displays this month events. Please help, they want it to only display past calendar events.

Josh
    Participant

Hello claghorn,

I checked out the site you’ve provided a link for and noticed that the default “Events” page is using a custom template? I don’t believe there will be a set URL that can be accessed by default when using a custom template. There are a couple of options though.

1. You could use the list view as the default view for the Events page and then customize it to be closer to the way the site currently displays events.
    2. You could create a new template, similar to the current custom template, and modify the query to only show.

Let me know which option sounds better to you and hopefully I can help to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

That is the same layout that I’ve had even when it would show past events (before update to 3.8). It is using a wordpress loop to show up to 10 items per page. Even if the layout made it show only 2 items, why does it show upcoming events? I am using the correct URL and you can see it is showing current events. Please help!

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

When I changed themes to a WordPress default it does work. It must be something where now the code doesn’t like the theme I created the site with. Thanks for your help.

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

Please let me know of any releases where you allow the old command of “/past” to ever work again šŸ™

Josh
    Participant

Hello claghorn,

Thanks for following up with us!

I would actually be interested in seeing the custom template as I’m not sure why it would’ve worked previously but not now. I imagine it may have redirected to the default list view of past events?

You could still potentially work out the issue by trying the two options described above. Would either of those approaches work for you?

Thanks!

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello claghorn,

Thanks for following up with us.

I checked out the conniebauswell.com site and since it is using the default template for events, you should be able to easily access the past events using “?tribe_event_display=true” method described above after updating to version 3.8.

To send the template that is being used, you can copy the contents into a snippet that can be shared using services such as http://pastebin.com. You can find which template is being used by going to the “Display” section of the plugin settings and viewing which template is selected as the default events templateĀ https://cloudup.com/cwbqtCltxTd.

In the meantime, you can also download the older versions of the plugin from WordPress.orgĀ as well as through your http://tri.be account.

Thanks!

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

I thought you were meaning my template in my WordPress theme. I changed it from default page template to default event template (in the events settings) and it works. What is the difference between the two and how do I list the past events “newest to oldest, instead of the other”. Thanks!

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

Do you know why when the “Default Page Template” is selected it won’t show past events?

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

Ok, now my styles are only showing up when I use the “Default Page Template”. Please advise

Josh
    Participant

Hello claghorn,

Thanks for following up!

Would you mind sending login information as a private response so I can see what’s happening with the events first hand? It sounds like you may have a page with the slug “events” that might be causing some conflicts.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Past Events’ is closed to new replies.