Partial Refund removing attendee completely

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Partial Refund removing attendee completely

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jenunderscore
    Participant

Scenario:
    – Customer buys 2 tickets
    – We refund 1 ticket
    – Customer is completely removed from “Attendees” list

What is happening here? How can we fix?

Barry

Hi jenunderscore,

I’m not sure that I can replicate this.

Can you walk me through the scenario in a little more depth? For instance, are these two separate orders by the same person (and are you merely changing the status of one order to “refunded”, or carrying out some other or additional action)?

Alternatively, if we are talking about a single order for two tickets, can you describe your actions when you edit the order: are you using WooCommerce’s partial refund feature? What status are you ultimately changing the order to?

Thanks!

jenunderscore
    Participant

Hi there,

In this scenario, the user bought 2 tickets in the same order (one by accident).

In order to refund, edit the order through the the WooCommerce admin, we hit “Refund” and refund half the price of the order.

The status of the order remains “completed”.

The attendee is no longer showing on our attendees list.

Jen

Barry

That is odd – but thanks for clarifying the steps.

I find I am unable to replicate this and the attendee list entries stay as expected within that list, so I’m not sure why you would be experiencing anything other than this.

It looks like you noted having tried our standard troubleshooting steps by deactivating all other plugins (except, of course, for The Events Calendar, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Tickets in this case) and switching to a default theme – when you did this testing did you find that that impacted the problem and is it something you can replicate consistently?

jenunderscore
    Participant

Yes, I just donwloaded the entire live source and synced the database, deactivated all plugins other than WooCommerce, The Events Calendar, and WooTickets

The order shows Order #3568: Order status = Completed
    The order shows the name of the customer.

BYA-Guest – BYA – Guest (Single) $170.00 2 $340.00 $44.20
    Refund #3580 – Apr 8, 2015, 2:45 pm by WBN -$192.10
    purchased 2 tickets in error

The total order total appears as such:
    Order Total: $384.20 $192.10
    Refunded: -$192.10

When I click on the attendees list, I cannot find order #3580 (searching by order number or by search by customer name). Reviewed every line individually and I cannot see the order.

The client is using the “Refund” button in the Order Details screen to refund the amount.

Please advise. Are we refunding in the wrong way?

jenunderscore
    Participant

Oh – and I also enable Default 2015 Theme

Barry

It doesn’t sound like you/your client are doing anything wrong when refunding.

Can you clarify something though – when you say that you downloaded the entire live source and synced the database, was the damage already done, so to speak?

In other words, did you find you were able to replicate the same problem with a fresh test order – or was your database a backup made before the point where your client made the refund?

The reason I ask if that if you were inspecting the same database, even with all other plugins deactivated and a default theme in place, I wouldn’t expect any orders/attendee screen data that was already “damaged” to be repaired all of a sudden.

Does that help/make sense?

jenunderscore
    Participant

That does make sense. I’ll do a new test.

Here’s my process:

• Deactivated all plugins except: WooCommerce, The Events Calendar, WooTickets, WooCommerce Stripe Gateway (so I can fake a transaction
    • Activated WordPress 2015 Default theme
    • Enabled Test mode for Stripe Checkout
    • Created a new event called “Test”
    • Added a test ticket ($5)
    • Opened a new browser, and test purchased 2 tickets using my Customer login (not admin login)
    • Back to my admin browser, process the order, go to event, checked attendees, I see two tickets purchased by me
    • Click the “order #”, taken to the order details screen, click the refund button
    • Click the “refund manually” button
    • Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, the attendees are still on the attendees list

So! What happened, I wonder? I redid the test again with the all the plugins activated + the custom theme, and got the same result.

Could this just be a freak accident?

jenunderscore
    Participant

Also – same result if I use “Refund with Stripe”

Barry

Hi!

It’s very hard to guess what might have gone wrong, especially if the only time it happened someone else – such as your client – was in the driving seat.

I tend to think these things are rarely random events, as such, so perhaps the order was never moved to a status of completion prior to the refund actions taking place (and so was never included in the attendee list in the first place)?

Difficult to say – but it sounds like, at this point, you are happy this isn’t a general bug or conflict?

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Partial Refund removing attendee completely’ is closed to new replies.