Page not found / issues with recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Page not found / issues with recurring events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Recently we are having trouble updating basic recurring events, often receiving page not found or no response after adding a new recurring event or updating one. Feels like a timeout of sorts. I usually have to hit the back button and then I notice there is a ‘Recurring event data is still being generated for this event. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away – the process will resume in a bit in the background. ‘ message that is spinning but I’m not sure it’s updating. Then I review the month view and it looks corrupted, see attached.

What’s going on and how can we prevent this?

Trisha

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble!

Let’s start by having you go through the steps to test for conflicts here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ 

Hopefully you can debug this pretty quickly, let me know what you find out!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Steve
    Participant

I’m afraid I don’t have time to run through this right now, we have a rather conventional set of plugins, conventional server, etc. Can you please provide information on timeout/memory issues with ECP? Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Looking for some quick tips on how we might address the timeout issue. Thanks

Trisha

Hi Steve!

I can totally appreciate that! Let’s see what we can do outside of the normal troubleshooting steps.

It seems like there are potentially two different problems here, though perhaps linked in some way.

1. Recurring events are not generating and
    2. Something is breaking month view under certain conditions.

We don’t know of any specific bugs that match exactly what you’ve described here.

When I visit https://www.fortpondbaycompany.com/app/events month view appears to be just fine, is there only a breakage in month view following the update of a recurring event? If that’s the case, what steps do you take to clean it up? Additionally, do you see any browser console errors when they create or update recurring events?

Here’s a quick overview about using the console in Chrome that may help if you’re unfamiliar with it https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/

While we appreciate our normal troubleshooting steps take some time it’s a great way to get things moving, especially in cases like this where we can’t replicate the issue on our side.

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Page not found / issues with recurring events’ is closed to new replies.