Page Headers and Titles will NOT show

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Page Headers and Titles will NOT show

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sean Brosnan
    Participant

This was originally asked via this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/page-headers-and-titles-will-not-show/#post-1349735

Hey,
    We use The Events Calendar plugin on a few of our client’s sites and we LOVE it! However, recently, we have uncovered an issue with (h1) page titling for a custom page template in a WordPress theme we developed for a client. The page template works FINE when attached to a regular page but the second it’s attached to the Events Template (Events > Settings > Display > Events Template), the header text disappears. Everything else within the custom page template shows properly though. We’ve tried just about everything and can’t seem to find the issue. Because the page headers (which are just standard h1 tags) show up on custom pages for other plugin-generated pages (as well as regular WordPress Core pages), it has been determined that this is 100% isolated as a THE EVENTS CALENDAR-related issue.

I will be attaching screenshots in a private reply to this thread. You’ll notice by viewing the screenshots that the headers work AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED to when viewing the Community Events pages but any Events Calendar pages, the Headers disappear.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for an awesome plugin!

Sean Brosnan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Sean and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the H1 titles acting up on you.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

For some reason, the screenshots do not seem to make it through.
    Would you mind trying again but with a link to Dropbox or Google Drive ?

Another idea might be to send a few examples of URLs where this is happening on your current site.

In the meantime, I would recommend trying different setting for Events template under Events -> Settings -> Display to see if that helps

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Sean Brosnan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Sean,

Thank you for all the info.

The first thing I would recommend, since you are using Yoast, is to read the following article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/titles-in-yoast-seo/

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.events-archive header.entry-header {display: block !important;}

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Sean Brosnan
    Participant

Hey,
    That CSS snippet worked partially. It allowed the H1 page titles (Events showing up in the blue section under Menu and Top Section) for the two Event Archive pages (Chamber Events and Community Events). It did NOT fix the issue for the single-event pages. Single Event pages should be pulling the same template that I created correct?

Geoff B.

Good evening Sean,

I am glad to hear the CSS helped to make some partial progress.

The single pages are actually using a different type of template.
    You will need an additional CSS rule for these to show as well.

.single-tribe_events header.entry-header {display: block !important;}

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Sean Brosnan
    Participant

Hey Geoff,
    That looks like it works. I’ve pecked around to the different pages and it looks like it’s ALL working!

Thanks again for your help!

Geoff B.

Good morning Sean,

This is awesome. I am glad we were able to help you achieve your goals.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Headers and Titles will NOT show’ is closed to new replies.