overriding list-widget stops custom CSS from working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO overriding list-widget stops custom CSS from working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yuval Yeret
    Participant

In a recent support thread I was advised to override list-widget

It indeed solved my recent need but also stopped some custom CSS for working. I have this CSS:
    .tribe-events-duration{display: none;}

.tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date .list-dayname {
    box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    }

That I was advised to use on previous support threads. This worked well before I overrode list-widget.php and works well after I remove the override.

What am I doing wrong? what should I do to both override list-widget.php AND apply this custom CSS?

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Yuval.

Anytime you start using our Themer’s Guide, we can’t really advise what CSS selectors you’d need to use because you might have altered them.

Therefore, after you have your template how you want it, please try a plugin like SiteOrigin CSS because it helps you visually build CSS selectors via its Inspector and Visual Editor, which I’d guess would be helpful to you.

If you’re not a CSS expert, Jetpack’s Custom Design reference may prove helpful.

Please let me know how it goes for you. If you don’t find joy with this, please send me a link to view this on your site and also send an annotated screenshot of what changes you’d like to see.

Yuval Yeret
    Participant

The only change in the override was to the text in case there are no
    events. (As instructed in the case I mentioned). Other than that it is the
    original file. So I don’t understand why CSS for other aspects should be
    affected

Cliff

Okay, in that case, please remove your custom CSS and then try the SiteOrigin CSS plugin (it’s really neat) or send me the link to view this widget on your site and describe what styling you’re wanting.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘overriding list-widget stops custom CSS from working’ is closed to new replies.