Overnight events duplicated on import from google cal

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Overnight events duplicated on import from google cal

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gkwebsite
    Participant

Hello,

I have events calendar pro & events aggregator. When importing events from a google calendar ics, I’m ending up with two events in the listing: one starting at the original time, and one starting at 12:00am the next day.

This is not just a display issue in the widget – there is actually a duplicate event being created, and also the end-time for the first event is set the same as the start time.

I saw this behavior with Events Calendar 4.5.1 and Pro 4.4.7 as well, so I tried your latest early access versions as well. Problem is the same with both.

Here’s the calendar feed I’m using:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/vu3p6gcm4scmqn1muqtvfniojo%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Cliff

Hi, GK. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I looked at that .ics file and couldn’t find an event with DJ EPOR on May 11 or 12.

Could you please provide a more complete screenshot of the post title(s) that get created? It’d be helpful to see each wp-admin Event edit screen as well, so I can see the times, timezone, and other details that got imported for you and can test if I can replicate this behavior on my own site.

(Please choose an event from at least one week in the future if possible.)

Thank you.

gkwebsite
    Participant

Ok I took screenshots all the way from the beginning. In the last screenshot (and in my settings which I attached) you can see the day cutoff is set to 4am.

Cliff

Thank you. So taking the DJ EPOR event that starts on May 19 as the test case…

Here’s the text from the iCal file:

BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20170519T210000
    DTEND;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20170520T010000
    DTSTAMP:20170512T224209Z
    UID:[email protected]
    RECURRENCE-ID;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20170505T210000
    CREATED:20160722T211312Z
    DESCRIPTION:DJ EPOR drops the best in electronic jams for you to boogie dow
    n to while you Pac out! \n\n$3 cover from 7:30pm-12:30am\, 21+ only after
    5pm
    LAST-MODIFIED:20170505T030703Z
    SEQUENCE:1
    SUMMARY:DJ EPOR
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    END:VEVENT

So it says it starts May 19 at 9pm Los Angeles time and ends 4 hours later.

Here’s how the Preview looked on my test site (eek!): https://cl.ly/1p2I0t1D002h

And here’s how it imported: https://cl.ly/3h251p113T0t

However, it did NOT import a second/duplicate event that starts at midnight: https://cl.ly/241H3n0s0v3x

So, obviously there’s an import error here, which I’ve reported to our developers.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

gkwebsite
    Participant

I am 100% getting a second event on import as my screenshots show. This is both on my local copy running on a docker, and also the dev site hosted on Siteground.

Honestly it seems like the import features are just not useable at the moment. Very disappointing.

Cliff

I understand the frustration whenever something you rely on isn’t working as it should.

I’ve extended your Event Aggregator license 3 months. Hopefully the fix will be released before then, but, again, I cannot guarantee if it’ll be very soon or much later than desired.

gkwebsite
    Participant

This is happening with ical file or icalendar import as well.

This is the icalendar URL:

webcal://p31-calendars.icloud.com/published/2/afphA1SA8fOQ1wRae5rJIZuYJOnkunvU2gjPNY1V65fd215q3qBMNRQuHUiYigtjzwRhJ7XXgYEa94ZArpxGzXr6Nrpq6tJSrtMMHHlEBas

At this point – this is completely holding up completion of this project for me, so unless there’s an update in the next couple of days, I’ll be looking to get a refund.

gkwebsite
    Participant

Well I found a workaround using someone else’s plugin.

WP Event Aggregator: Import Eventbrite events, Meetup events, social events and any iCal Events into WordPress

This works PERFECTLY, right now. Zero issues.

So I think i’d like to get refund for the event aggregator subscription. I’m going to keep using the events calendar pro since I’ve done all the dev and styling work on the theme based on it already.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7 August 2017) is out, along with some Event Aggregator server improvements and fixes that solves this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Overnight events duplicated on import from google cal’ is closed to new replies.