Overlapping text on time/date dropdown

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Overlapping text on time/date dropdown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

On the time/date section of the new event, the days of the week are obscuring some of the other text on the drop down and I can’t click the button to schedule multiple dates etc.

Geoff B.

Good evening Laura and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the overlapping text in the date picker. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Would you mind telling me if that is both on the Community Events submission page AND in wp-admin ?

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

Laura
    Participant

I can’t actually tell if it’s on the public facing end as those pages aren’t currently working (I believe due to a conflict with our old events system which I’m trying to get rid of): http://w01.sasblhumantest.wf.ulcc.ac.uk/events/organiser/add

When I switch back to Twenty Fourteen it seems to be fine. It’s just on our active theme.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Laura,

Thank you for running the test and Kudos for finding out that this is theme-based.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Excellent, thanks! I can now replicate 🙂

Unfortunately, there is a conflict between your theme’s CSS (specifically, I believe, from “Swift Framework” which is a part of Dante) and our own plugin. I have a fairly simple solution, however. Please create a new file (you may also need to create the mu-plugins directory if it doesn’t already exist) here:

wp-content/mu-plugins/swift-tec-compatibility.php

Add the following code to that file:

<?php
    function remove_swift_css_from_event_editor() {
    	wp_dequeue_style( 'page-builder-css' );
    }

add_action( 'admin_head', 'remove_swift_css_from_event_editor', 5 );

If that doesn’t work however I’d encourage you to work further with the theme author: ideally, they would not add their CSS to admin screens other than those they are responsible for (there’s no real need for them to add Javascript and CSS to the event editor screen, as an example – in fact it causes the problem you have been experiencing).

That said, hopefully the above solution works for you 🙂

Good luck!

Laura
    Participant

This worked! Thanks so much for that fix.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Overlapping text on time/date dropdown’ is closed to new replies.