Out of Order Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Out of Order Events

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    al3xxbabyy
    Participant

Starting every sunday after October 14, the events are out of order. Ive changed the timecodes to New York in the event backend and in my wordpress backend. I’ve cleared my cache and checked in every web browser. Why is this happening?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help you get this sorted.

I took a look at your calendar, and I see that the events do look out of order on the Sundays you mentioned. However, looking closer, I see that while you have times in the event titles, the actual times set for those events is 8am to 5pm, aka “all day.”

I would check the date and time settings on those events and make sure the correct time is set within the event.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

al3xxbabyy
    Participant

Hey I check the dates and none of them were marked 8am-5pm or all day events. So I’m still confused

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Interesting. Thanks for checking that.

When looking at this particular event series, I see the first one appears to have the correct time, and then the rest are showing up as “all day” events. http://www.camillusfigureskatingclub.com/calendar/515-630-pre-juvinelle-synchro-team-practice/all/

Can you upload a screenshot of the “Event Series” and “Time and Date” settings for the first event on http://www.camillusfigureskatingclub.com/calendar/515-630-pre-juvinelle-synchro-team-practice/2018-10-14/?

Thanks,
    Sky

al3xxbabyy
    Participant

Here is the screenshot

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing the screenshot. I was not able to reproduce this on my end. However, I noticed that you have quarter hours available in the start times. Have you added some code to enable this? If so, can you try temporarily removing that code and generate a new test event to see if that changes anything?

For that matter, if you remove all the instances of this event except the first and regenerate the events, does this happen again? What if you try removing all the instances and also recreating the recurrence pattern?

Same?

Thanks,
    Sky

al3xxbabyy
    Participant

No i don’t have any code for my quarter hours. I just typed it in like that.

I deleted the events and recreated them and everything was fine and in order, but just 5 minutes ago when I was looking over the calendar they were out of order once again and saying that they were all day events…

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

OK, gotcha. There was a snippet around for changing the timepicker to have 15 minute intervals.

So the events were generated correctly, but changed after a short amount of time? That’s indeed very strange, and I’m not sure how that would even happen.

Do you have a staging server? I’d be interested to see if you could reproduce that with the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled and all other plugins disabled. How much time had passed from when you created the events to when you noticed the times had changed?

What happens if you create a completely new test event with a similar recurrence pattern? Do you see the same results?

I looked at the recurring events I generated when testing this yesterday, and everything still has the correct times.

Can you please share your system information with me? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Sky

al3xxbabyy
    Participant

This reply is private.

al3xxbabyy
    Participant

Yeah so I will try to revert back to the 2017 theme, thing is I needed this site to be available to the public like last week so I really have no time right now!

What I’ve noticed is that every time I make an edit to the event, about a day later it reverts back to the ‘all day event’ time. (My client keeps giving me edits to make to the calendar) So what I’ve been doing is deleting the whole recurring event series and redoing it correctly…and then it seems to be fine.

Ill try to keep you posted its just been super busy at work!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Testing for theme and plugin conflicts is definitely a good place to start.

Please note that we released updates yesterday, so I would update to the latest versions before continuing to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Out of Order Events’ is closed to new replies.