Our Specific Needs- State Agency

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Our Specific Needs- State Agency

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Nagy

I’m being asked to build an interagency training course catalog and calendar for all state agencies to use. This would display at a minimum the title and perhaps a course description of each course. Additionally agencies might be able to post a training schedule with the number of open seats other agency personnel could fill. Registration would be hopefully done online.

I just want to make sure that your plugins will allow me to:
    1. add courses
    2. display courses on a calendar
    3. have others add courses easily
    4. Add a number of open seats
    5. Auto alert the course creator/teacher when someone registers (different people for each course?)
    6. Register online

If you can tell me what add ons, specifically, would do certain things, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help!
    Matt

Cliff

Hi, Matt. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

I think you could do all those (one or two might need a code customization/tweak), but I’d caution you that our Event Tickets (ET) / Event Tickets Plus (ET+) offering does not support Events Calendar PRO‘s recurring events functionality.

This would only be an annoyance if you have the same training on a regular basis, such as “Weekly Webinar” every Monday at 2pm. You couldn’t use ET/ET+ unless you manually create a new, separate, non-recurring event for each week.

Other than that limitation, you should be good to go with our free products unless you only want to provide access to create events via front-end form instead of via wp-admin, in which case you’d want Community Events. Additionally, you’d need ET+ if you want to charge for courses.

If you’re going to buy several products, check out our Product Bundles.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Matt Nagy

So, it seems to me, that I would need Event Calendar Pro and Community Events to do what I want to do… correct? I don’t need tickets for the courses, just the ability to register for them. These pieces would allow for others to add courses to the front end, allow people to register for courses, and show what’s available on a calendar.

Can alerts/emails be sent to different people? (ie. the person who added the course?) Basically, I don’t want to be the contact for all the registrants of the courses that others are adding.

Thanks for your help!
    Matt

Cliff

Matt, this sounds right, except you may still want ET+ for Attendee Information to collect additional information like t-shirt size or department.

You could assign Organizers to Events and then use a snippet like https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/c4fb2ea8fb5ca44973ff06e6facc9742 (read its comments!) to send notifications to the email address input to the Organizer.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Our Specific Needs- State Agency’ is closed to new replies.