Organizers coming in as blank

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Organizers coming in as blank

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ericmeadows
    Participant

When I initially set up the import using the ‘Event Update Authority’ I set it to the third option “preserve the most recent change”. When I did that, it found and sync’d all the events for one Facebook Page but deleted out the Organizer field: it is currently empty.

I changed the Event Update Authority to “Do-not re-import events” and ran an import on a Facebook Page I knew had some new events to import. It brought in the 3 new, not-previously imported events, but the Organizer field was empty as well. This is a page import where the organizer and the venue are the same and before, using the legacy system, both were populated via the import properly.

On every import using EA, if I have my Event Update Authority set to over-write or preserve most recent change, it blanks out my organizer field – which was previously populated by the legacy import. I did not have to manually go in and set the organizer field for these events using the legacy import.

I currently have the EA Event Update Authority set to “do not re-import” but that is a bit of an issue for us since often times the pages we import create an event just to get it on the calendar then update the information at a later time. This is a very low priority problem as we had to manually use the “re-sync” button in the legacy import system.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi ericmeadows,

Thanks for using our plugins and for reaching out!

I’m sorry about this issue with the EA import removing the organizers.

To be able to support you, could you please share your system information with me in a private reply?
    Here’s a handy guide how you can do that:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

If you can, please share it with both methods (ticking the box and pasting in a private reply), as the ticking the box is a new addition not without its glitches. 🙂

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

One more thing, could you please share the links / IDs of the events / pages that are causing the issue? This will allow us to test it and prepare a better fix if needed.

Thanks,
    Andras

ericmeadows
    Participant

Here’s a good page to connect to: https://www.facebook.com/Theemptyglass

They post new events daily and we work with them a lot. Using the EA all new events come in with a blank organizer field but using the legacy import all fields are populated correctly.

ericmeadows
    Participant

Just a note: the checkbox to “share your system info” is actually in “Events → Help” and not in “Events → Settings → Licenses” as mentioned here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

I have checked the box in my ‘Help’ settings and a copy of those settings will be in a private message to follow.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by ericmeadows.
    ericmeadows
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for your help here- you gave us just what we needed to be able to identify and recreate the issue ourselves.

The good news is that we’ve got this logged in our system and are working hard to fix the issue. We’ll update this thread once the fix is available. It isn’t going to fit into the maintenance release we’re planning for later this week, but it is still very much a priority.

The bad news is that I don’t have a great solution for you in the interim. You can keep the Event Update Authority setting on Do not update events, live with the blank organizers, or temporarily go back to using the legacy Facebook Events Importer plugin. None of those are perfect, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for reporting this and help us figure it out. We really appreciate it! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Best,
    Leah

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that a fix has finally arrived for these issues—organizers should now be imported without issues.

Grab the 4.3.4 update from today to get this bug fix. Learn more about the 4.3.4 release here.

Cheers!
    George

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Eric,

I would be very happy to hear back from you whether the new MR has fixed you issue.

Thanks,
    Andras

ericmeadows
    Participant

Sorry man… no dice here. Organizers are still not populating.

ericmeadows
    Participant

I tried it with this Organization : https://www.facebook.com/pg/cyac2001

Using the legacy plugin it works fine.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting back!

I tested now the 2 URLs you shared (as new imports) and for both, both organizers and venues were imported just fine.

How is your Event Update Authority set up? Is it set to overwrite or do not reimport?

Would it be possible for you to test those to URLs on a different / dev / staging site?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizers coming in as blank’ is closed to new replies.