Organizer URL: modifying "tribe_organizer" in organizer slug

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer URL: modifying "tribe_organizer" in organizer slug

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

Thanks – We’ll keep you posted!

pickleshy
    Participant

We haven’t figured out exactly what’s happening, but our sense is that it’s due to us using the deprecated meta factory to customize the meta data. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-events-calendarpro-3-6-changes-you-should-be-aware-of/ discusses using templates instead. It’s definitely something that changed between 3.6.1 and 3.8

Barry

That’s possible. Would a move to the current system be viable? Though I appreciate that may mean some amount of work it is a far simpler system in its current form.

pickleshy
    Participant

Turns out we DID change the theme to use the new templates, way back in June, so that big chunk of work is already done! I think we found the offending code in the theme. Although we’re using the new templates, our theme is still calling into the meta factory. This code in particular seems to cause the issue:

function change_meta_headers($translation, $text, $domain) {
    if ($domain == ‘tribe-events-calendar’) {
    switch ($text) {
    case ‘Details’:
    $translation = ‘More about this event’;
    break;
    case ‘Organizer’:
    $translation = ”;
    break;
    case ‘Venue’:
    $translation = ”;
    break;
    }

}
    return $translation;
    }
    add_filter(‘gettext’, ‘change_meta_headers’, 10, 3);

pickleshy
    Participant

And we’ve now fixed the issue on staging. Stay tuned for an update on prod…

pickleshy
    Participant

Good news! Our theme fix worked on production as well. Note that it may be necessary to reset permalinks in order to make the new URLs point to the venue and organizer pages.

Thanks for your help and patience!

pickleshy
    Participant

(Feel free to close this now :))

Barry

Awesome, thanks so much for checking back in and I’m glad everything’s now running smoothly 🙂

I will indeed go ahead and close this thread – but as ever please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer URL: modifying "tribe_organizer" in organizer slug’ is closed to new replies.