Organizer URL: modifying "tribe_organizer" in organizer slug

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer URL: modifying "tribe_organizer" in organizer slug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

Hi,

I read in the 3.7 release notes that the “tribe_organizer” slug could be modified in Settings. I have updated my plugins to 3.8 on my dev site, but can’t seem to find the settings for that; could you please point me to them?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi pickleshy,

There is no setting for this – rather we made it easier to override both name and slug with a short snippet like this one (which might be added to your theme’s functions.php file):

add_filter( 'tribe_venue_label_singular', 'change_venue_name' ); 

function change_venue_name() {
        return 'Some Other Name';
    }

You would then have venues called “Some Other Name” and a suitably sanitized slug like some-other-name for use within permalinks. Remember you would need to flush your permalinks after implementing this (by visiting Settings > Permalinks) or you might hit some odd behaviour.

Does that help?

pickleshy
    Participant

Hmm, I’m confused. It seems 3.7 modified my URLs rather than simply giving me the option to modify them. Can you confirm this was intentional?

Pre-3.7: http://livemusicproject.org/venue/benaroya-hall/
    Post-3.7: http://livemusicproject.org/tribe_venue/benaroya-hall/

Thanks!

Barry

Nope, that’s not intentional at all. If I look at your site using the second URL it is also corrected back to:

Benaroya Hall – S. Mark Taper Foundation Auditorium

Looking at single event posts, it doesn’t look like they use tribe_venue in the slugs for venue links, either. Can you confirm if there’s still a problem or if I am misinterpreting – where can I see an example of this sort of link (containing tribe_venue)?

pickleshy
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for looking into this. You won’t see the tribe_venue links on livemusicproject.org because I haven’t updated it since 3.6.1 due to this concern. But, you can them on my staging site: http://stage2.livemusicproject.org/seattle/tribe_organizer/seattle-symphony/

Barry

That does seem a bit odd.

Can you tell me anything more about this site? Is it a node within a multisite network for instance and is anything else running alongside our plugins (mostly I’m interested in other plugins, but also in how your child theme might differ from Twenty Fourteen – and how many Tribe-related customizations are in place besides the custom stylesheets)?

To the best of my knowledge this is the only report we’ve had of this, so I’d love to get a better grip on the problem.

pickleshy
    Participant

All good questions!

The Seattle staging site is running on a node within a multisite network. It is set up as a subsite (not subdomain) under parent site stage2.livemusicproject.org.

There are no other active plugins on that site, other than The Events Calendar, ECP and Community Events.

We do have several Tribe-related customizations in the child theme, but I don’t know how to effectively summarize them for you 🙂 If you like, I could send you the theme file… would that help?

Barry

OK. I can’t seem to replicate with an otherwise “plain vanilla” setup using multisite (with subsites/subdirectories rather than subdomains), either.

If you do a similar test and flush permalinks, etc, do you find the same thing still occurs?

pickleshy
    Participant

I’m willing to try! What steps did you take, so I can try to go through the same on my end?

Barry

I simply set up a multisite network with the latest versions of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, set up a subsite and some test events/organizers etc within it – and checked out the appearance of the permalinks.

You don’t necessarily need to create a brand new network though – so long as you have a test installation that is multisite, you could just take things back temporarily to that state, flush permalinks and see what happens.

pickleshy
    Participant

Ok. Will it make a difference if I create new events in this test installation, or if I import them from another one?

Barry

It shouldn’t make a difference: if you start with a few manually generated events and organizers and find you can’t replicate it, though, there’s no harm in importing some more from an existing source. If there’s a difference, that could tell us something interesting.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

pickleshy
    Participant

Hi Barry – looks like this is NOT a multisites issue. We’re still poking around, but so far we have discovered that if we switch to the standard Twenty Fourteen theme instead of our own modified version of it, the slug is fine. We’re checking to see if we are pulling a default value in our version of the theme that may be out of date.

Barry

OK. It’s certainly sounding like a problem with some of the custom code in the child theme, in that case – it will be interesting to hear what you uncover.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer URL: modifying "tribe_organizer" in organizer slug’ is closed to new replies.