"Organizer" required field being ignored / community can't submit entries

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "Organizer" required field being ignored / community can't submit entries

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hey –

We have a stock setup running the latest versions of WordPress, The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro, and the Community add-on. Same issue as here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/organizer-name-already-exists-and-event-organizer-required-errors/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/several-issues-with-community-events-forms-after-3-11-x-update/

Every time we select an Organizer from the dropdown and submit the form, it comes back with an error that says “Organizer is required.” Even if we enter a new Organizer and fill in the fields, it comes back with the same message (and the new Organizer fields aren’t filled in with the data submitted with the form, like the other fields, they revert to blank.)

The “Venue” field works fine when required. Just the Organizer field.

No template overrides, anything fancy being done, etc.

Can you provide me with a download link to 3.10 for these plugins? We need this fixed to launch. I logged in under My Account > Downloads, but only 3.11 is available to me.

Code used for required fields:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_community_required_fields', 'test2_events_community_required_fields' );
    /**
     */
    function test2_events_community_required_fields( $required_fields ) {

$fields = array(
        'post_title',
        'post_content',
        'venue',
        'organizer',
        'EventStartDate',
        'EventStartHour',
        'EventStartMinute',
        'EventStartMeridian',
        'EventEndDate',
        'EventEndMinute',
        'EventEndHour',
        'EventEndMeridian',
        '_ecp_custom_3',
        '_ecp_custom_4'
      );

return $fields;

}

Thanks!

Rob

George
    Participant

Hey Rob,

I’m really sorry to hear that you, too, are being afflicted by these issues. It’s puzzling because I personally have still been unable to reproduce the problem!

Here are download links for you, hopefully these help in the meantime (and I’m including more than just Community Events itself because if you have that on 3.10.x, then all other Tribe plugins need to also be on 3.10.x!)

• Events Calendar Pro 3.10.1 → http://ge.tt/6bqvxyL2/v/0?c
    • Community Events 3.10.0 → http://ge.tt/3VKMyyL2/v/0?c
    • The Events Calendar 3.10.1 → https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.3.10.1.zip

I hope this helps in the meantime while we continue looking into this bug and fix it.

Cheers!
    George

Rob
    Participant

Thanks George.

I can confirm that downgrading to the above three packages fixes this issue. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that you can allow multiple organizers per event now (seems to be a new feature.) I tried looking at the code but didn’t see anything wrong right away and I have some other work to do, but if I have some free time I’ll keep looking into this as well and post any updates.

(I just purchased TEC last week so I’m not familiar with the codebase yet…)

Rob

George
    Participant

Hey Rob,

I’m glad to hear that rolling back the version numbers is working for now, but am really sorry about the frustration of this – I’ve reported this bug urgently to our development team and we’ll be taking a look at this as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for updates to Community Events and perhaps even Core to address this, we’re working on it!

Thanks for your patience and such with this issue so far. I will set this thread’s status to “Pending Fix” and hopefully we can get something out in the coming weeks to address this.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

George
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘"Organizer" required field being ignored / community can't submit entries’ is closed to new replies.