"organizer name already exists" and "event organizer required" errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "organizer name already exists" and "event organizer required" errors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

http://americarecyclesday.org/events/2015/add

When trying to register an event using the community add on, I’m getting an “event organizer required” error if using an existing organizer from the dropdown and I also get an “organizer name already exists” if I try to use a new event organizer, no matter what I type in there, and even if there is no event organizer with that name or email. It’s preventing any events from being registered.

This happened after upgrading to 3.11, was working fine in 3.10.

To troubleshoot I disabled all my plugins and reverted back to the Twenty Fifteen theme and the problems persisted.

Is it possible to revert from 3.11 to 3.10?

Any ideas?

Tony Ash
    Participant

I just realized that if I’m logged into wp-admin I can submit an event just fine, using any event organizer from the drop down, or by making a new event organizer. No errors.

The problem only occurs when not logged into wp-admin.

George
    Participant

Hey Tony,

I’m sorry to hear about these issues! The fact that you can submit events when logged-in as a user makes me suspect that there’s a bug related to access privileges here…

Unfortunately, I’ve yet to reproduce this bug on my local test site after some testing, so I’m curious: can you share the following details about your site and configuration with us?

1. What are the settings for the “Members” section of the Community Events settings on your site? Here’s a screenshot of the section I’m referring to, for reference → https://cloudup.com/cokjs68E7an

2. What are the settings for the “Access Control” section of the Community Events settings on your site? Here’s another screenshot of what I mean → https://cloudup.com/cEumvQHPr2A

That might lay a good foundation further troubleshooting here.

While I suggest you leave 3.11 active for now, for troubleshooting purposes, to answer your other question: yes, it is possible to downgrade to version 3.10. You can download older versions like 3.10 by heading to http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads – download version 3.10, and you can then manually replace version 3.11 with it on your site.

As I mentioned, I hope you keep 3.11 active for the time being – but if we do indeed find a bug here, and cannot fix it until version 3.12 or later is release, then you can certainly use 3.10 instead just to keep things working until our fix is released.

/!\ Please Note! /!\ – If you downgrade Community Events to 3.10, you will unfortunately also have to downgrade all other Tribe plugins to 3.10 too. This means The Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, and any other add-ons you have purchased from this site.

Cheers!
    George

Tony Ash
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Tony Ash.
    George
    Participant

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the link. It unfortunately only showed the very top half of the community settings page, so none of the specific sections I mentioned showed up, but that’s no problem at all – basically, if you have items selected at all in “Roles to Block” section of the “Access Control” section, try un-checking all roles so that no roles are blocked. Then save the changes and see if that affects your issues at all.

If not, can you try downgrading to 3.10 as described above? I’m sorry in advance for the tediousness of doing that, but I do not recreate these problems on my own test site and haven’t heard similar reports of these problems so I’m curious about there being a bug in 3.11 at play here or something. Trying 3.10 will help reveal whether or not that’s the case.

Thank you for your patience Tony!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

George
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘"organizer name already exists" and "event organizer required" errors’ is closed to new replies.