“organizer name already exists” error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events “organizer name already exists” error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

http://americarecyclesday.org/events/2015/add

When trying to register an event using the community add on, I’m getting an “organizer name already exists” error, no matter what, even if I am inputting a new event organizer. No matter what I type in there, and even if there is no event organizer with that name or email. It’s displaying the “organizer name already exists” error.

This happened after upgrading to 3.11, was working fine in 3.10.

Per your recommendation in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/organizer-name-already-exists-and-event-organizer-required-errors/#post-1002307 I upgraded to v 3.12 which resolved the “event organizer required” error, but the “organizer name already exists” problem still persists.

An event can still be submitted, and the new organizer is created and everything else seems to work fine, but it’s extremely confusing to have the “organizer name already exists” error message appear.

Geoff

Hey Tony,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the issue here!

I see what you mean–in fact, I just submitted a test event to your site, which you can delete.

That’s a strange error and I wasn’t able to get it to pop up myself on a test site that just runs The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO, Community Events, and Filter Bar on a default WordPress Twenty Fifteen theme.

That makes me wonder if there is a conflict happening with your theme or perhaps another installed plugin. Will you please give the steps outlined in this troubleshooting guide a try and let me know if the issue continues to happen in default conditions for you? This will help us pinpoint where the conflict is, if one exists.

Let’s start there and see what we find.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Tony Ash
    Participant

I ran some basic troubleshooting on the server and it does not appear, at first glance, that the error is due to any customization or plugins.

I switched over to the standard Twenty Fifteen WordPress theme, which would then override any customizations; and then disabled all of the plugins except for the 4 event calendar plugins.

Even after that the message still appears. I was hopeful the upgrade to ECP 3.12 would fix the error as you suggested however it still persists.

Any ideas?

Event Screen: http://screencast.com/t/ef7SxoiO

Only Active Plugins: http://screencast.com/t/iz40FE1hVCaw

Geoff

Hey Tony,

Thanks for running through the troubleshooting! This helps a lot.

I was able to recreate the same error, but in a slightly varied way:

• The name of a new organizer submits correctly is that organizer is indeed new
    • The error pops up if I add a new organizer name to the field, tab away from the field, remove the name, then tab away again

Here’s a screencast of what that looks like.

I’m going to go ahead and file a ticket in our system so we can look into this further. It seems like something fishy is up and needs to be checked out by the development team.

I’ll move this ticket to Pending Fix in the meantime and will follow up once I have more info to share.

Thanks a bunch for reporting this and working with me to recreate it!

Geoff

Tony Ash
    Participant

Saw a couple updates to ECP today. Any chance this was one of the bugs fixed?

Geoff

Sorry, but no, it was not addressed in the latest version. The ticket is still open and we’ll be sure to follow-up when we have more to share.

Thanks for following up!
    Geoff

Tony Ash
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Tony,

You may be able to use the steps outlined in this tutorial here to make the Organizer an non-required field. This is the closest thing I have to a possible solution at the moment while we work on a patch.

Thanks for your patience while we try to figure this out!

Geoff

Geoff

Hi tony,

Will you please installing this plugin (zip)? Our developer whipped it up as a possible patch and I’m hoping it will do the trick. Let me know if it does!

Geoff

Geoff

Hey Tony,

Just jumping in to let you now that the patch for this issue is included in 4.0.1 and will be released shortly. Keep your eyes open for the update and please do let us know if any other issues pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘“organizer name already exists” error’ is closed to new replies.