Organizer Is Required message, organizer is filled out

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer Is Required message, organizer is filled out

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    simpleconnections
    Participant

When trying to fill out the form to add a new event, we are getting an error message saying “Organizer is required”, even when an organizer is already selected.

http://www.draytonvalley.ca/events/community/add

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

It is actually a bug that prevents new Organizers from being recognized due to the new Multi Organizer Coding.

We have a fix in the next release. That coding will be available early next week in a Release Candidate.

The other option is to downgrade to 3.10.x for all the plugins which resolves the issue.

George provided links to downgrade everything in this thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/organizer-required-field-being-ignored-community-cant-submit-entries/#post-994839

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

simpleconnections
    Participant

Hi, has this been released, and if so, can I have a link to what I need to download and upgrade?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

This has not been released yet. We delayed it to fix some issues found in our QA Process.

It looks like we will have a Release Candidate version in the next day or two that will resolve that issue.

That candidate is stable, but could have other bugs in it we are not aware of as that is what we use to finish our testing.

That will be available in your account on our site in the Download Section.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

simpleconnections
    Participant

Hi, just to let you know I upgraded to 3.12 and am still having the same issue.

Brian
    Keymaster

Is this on the draytonvalley domain?

Are all the plugins on 3.12?

simpleconnections
    Participant

Looks like the rest of plugins hadn’t updated – I didn’t see an “update now” on them so assumed that it was simply the main plugin that needed updating.

So, we just paid for a renewal of the Community events to get an update to fix a major issue that was introduced in one of your updates, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Your licensing system doesn’t allow me to test the updates on the test version of the website, so there’s no viable way with this system to actually check to see if your changes will break things.

At the moment the best solution seems to be not to renew licenses and stop bothering with updates because twice now your updates have broken functionality on our website.

I’m open to thoughts here.

Brian
    Keymaster

The licenses are not needed for the plugins to work. They are only for automatic updates so you can manually update any staging site to test the plugins following our manual update guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Or you could setup the staging site with the license keys and then manually update your live site.

simpleconnections
    Participant

Awesome. Welp, I feel like an idiot, and I appreciate your patience with me.

Brian
    Keymaster

No worries. Glad you know the way to do it now.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer Is Required message, organizer is filled out’ is closed to new replies.