Organizer Email Disappeared, Image Upload Not Working, System is Slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer Email Disappeared, Image Upload Not Working, System is Slow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fiberartnow
    Participant

Hi, Our organizer email has disappeared and when we try to upload a jpg, the system doesn’t recognize it. I have the latest version of Events Calendar Pro, and am not sure why we continue to have problems with this app. When it works, it works so slowly that many users time out before finishing their entry. I’ve had programmers work on image sizing, caching, and other issues in an effort to make this faster. Please help me solve the first 2 issues to get the system working, then how can I get it to work faster? I keep paying programmers to do more work and it’s not helping. Our license is up in 15 days, so we need to figure out if we can continue with this or not. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Geoff

Hi there, fiberartnow! Nice to see you again and sorry for the trouble here.

For the organizer email, I do see the email on the front end of the site. For example, I see it on this event. However, I see that the link has been removed from the address. Have you made any customizations to the plugin that would cause that to happen? I do see in the source code that several of the plugin’s CSS and JS files have been replaced, so I wonder if something happened there along the line?

The image upload thing is definitely strange. I haven’t been able to recreate the issue on my setup, but that doesn’t mean it’s not an issue. A few things I would check:

• What is the file size of the image being uploaded? Is it all sizes of images, or just large ones? If it’s large ones, is it possible the file size is larger than what your host will accept?
    • Are there any permissions on the WP uploads directory that would prevent files from being uploaded?
    • Are you using the latest versions of all Modern Tribe plugins? I see you have The Events Calendar, PRO, Community and Filter Bar installed, so it would be worth checking that all three are up to the latest versions (3.9.3, 3.9.3, 3.9.1 and 3.9, respectively)

When it works, it works so slowly that many users time out before finishing their entry.

Shoot, sorry about the performance issues here. Slowness can be the cause of many things–such as plugin conflicts, theme conflicts and server settings. It’s a little tough to pinpoint the exact issue here without sone testing,

At the very least, I do think we need to run through our standard troubleshooting steps here to first find out if there is a conflict with the theme or one of the other installed plugins. Let’s start there and see what we find. From there, we will be able to tell whether something needs to be resolved, or more testing is needed.

Thanks!
    Geoff

fiberartnow
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. It’s fixed again, because I had the programmer take care of it (organizer email box disappearing and the images not able to upload). He says that since this has happened before, we must be doing something to make it happen. But no one else is in the site, so I can’t figure it out. Any ideas?

Please clarify what you mean by the organizer email link disappearing.

Best, Marcia

Geoff

That’s great! Thanks for following up, Marcia. 🙂

Have there been other updates to the site? For example, has the theme been updated? Or perhaps another plugin? Hosts will sometimes make automatic updates to WordPress or other plugins as well, so it’s not a long shot that could have happened.

Please clarify what you mean by the organizer email link disappearing.

I could see the email address, but it was not linked to anything.

Did you have any other questions here? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hello Marcia! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have any questions and we’d be happy to help you there. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer Email Disappeared, Image Upload Not Working, System is Slow’ is closed to new replies.