Organiser publishing notification

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Organiser publishing notification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wdburgdorf
    Participant

Hi,

I set up Better Notifications according to instructions found here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-trigger-email-notifications-to-the-event-organiser-in-community-events/

… but what it does, is send notifications to authors rather than organisers. How is it set up correctly to let organisers know their event has been published?
    Thank you!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ralf!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

I’ve just tried setting up a notification using Better Notification and it seems only possible to send to the event author, which in some cases it is the same as the organizer.

However, I don’t see a built-in setting to send an email to the event Organizer.

We do have a snippet you can use to send a copy of the ticket email to the event organizer:

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/c807167bd0a89a13af7f9ad8d351d184

You can use it as a starting point to create some custom coding to achieve what you are looking for.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

wdburgdorf
    Participant

Thanks, Victor. Client has no budget for custom development. I might have a quick look anyway.
    Otherwise, Better Notification support says that this should be possible with their custom fields plugin.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

I’m not exactly sure how the custom fields add-on works, but bear in mind that event organizers are not a custom field, but a linked post type instead.

As you marked this Resolved, I’ll go ahead and close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Organiser publishing notification’ is closed to new replies.