How to trigger email notifications to the event organiser in Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to trigger email notifications to the event organiser in Community Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    B Saffell
    Participant

I’ve installed Community Events (along with Events Calendar Pro etc.) and all is working fine generally.

I’m now trying to work out how to trigger an email confirmation to the organiser when their Community event is published (in our case, automatically as we don’t pre-mod).

I’ve installed Better Notifications for WordPress as recommended elsewhere, and set the trigger to ‘New ‘Event’ Published’ and ticked ‘Send this notification to the Author only’ but no email is being sent to organisers on submission/publishing.

Do you have any tips/suggestions?

B Saffell
    Participant

In case this is of use to others:

The issue was that Better Notifications for WordPress looks for triggers in the Back-End of WP, whereas Community Events triggers these via the Front-End.

Solution was to add…

add_filter( 'bnfw_trigger_insert_post', '__return_true' );

…to the theme functions.php file.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi B Saffell!

Glad to know you could find the solution! Thanks for sharing so others wanting the same can use the code.

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to help 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to trigger email notifications to the event organiser in Community Events’ is closed to new replies.