Order(s) are auto completed before pay, if tickets are added directly to basket.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Order(s) are auto completed before pay, if tickets are added directly to basket.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Geoff B.

Good evening Shadi,

Thank you for the precision.

Full disclosure, everybody, including Dev is a bit swamped right now, but I will come back to this thread this week and try to further assist you. Stay tuned!

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Good evening Geoff,

Sorry for having to ask about this in a short notice, but my client’s patience is coming to an end, forcing me to start looking into alternatives, such as another tickets plug-ins, or simply turning this into a simple virtual normal product since we’re now entering the event’s information manually in the custom pages we’ve created (it is unfortunate that the tribe_event_inline shortcode is only part of the Events Calendar Pro, as we have 0 use for the Calendar plugin, from the beginning); and my client has so far never used the check-in feature using the ticket’s barcode.

I hope that you have good news for me.

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Shadi,

I am sorry for the delay in response (I realize the timing could not be worst).
    I had to be out of the office yesterday.

The news I have is that this is now a priority one ticket.
    I doubt it will be ready for this week’s maintenance release, but should clearly make it for the following one.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

In the meantime, if you would like to explore the idea to convert all of the tickets to actual products (as opposed to virtual ones), I the following snippet could serve as inspiration: https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/5768685acc4cd48cdd81

This is meant to change the default behaviour of the catalog visibility of tickets, but you should easily be able to  make tickets non-virtual.

As a side note, you actually do not need the Calendar plugin (installed or activated) to use the tickets. It is totally possible to use tickets in any post type of your choice (as established under Events -> Settings -> Tickets).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Good day Geoff,
    Hope your weekend is better than mine 🙂

Are you saying that changing the ticket (product) visibility, should help with the auto-completion for the time being?
    I will run this on the staging website to confirm.

As for the your comment on the shortcode I mentioned, sorry that I haven’t made my self clear enough.
    What I meant, is that by using the “tribe_event_inline” shortcode, I could have imported the event information back into my custom pages’ template, instead of hardcoding them. That way I don’t have to update dates/prices/venues/etc.. in both places, whenever I had to change the original Event information.
    Thanks for your suggestion nevertheless, but I don’t have an actual use for it ATM.

Will let you know how it goes if I change the visibility.

Regards.
    Shadi

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hi,

I have changed the catalog visibility in the product’s page manually, setting it to “Catalog/Search”

and then tried to purchase the product.

Unfortunately, it was still “Processing” after receiving the payment.

Regards.

Geoff B.

Good evening Shadi,

I realize I created confusion unintentionally.

What I meant is that you could probably adapt the snippet so that instead of changing the catalog visibility, the modified snippet would automatically create each ticket as a simple “normal” product” type instead of a simple virtual product.

In other words, the snippet will not do what you are looking for directly, but you could use it as a starting point.

In other words, the working theory is that if tickets are set to “normal” products (which you can change manually in WooCommerce), your auto-complete plugin should recognize them and handle them.

If that is the case, then automating the product type assigned to tickets should solve this once and for all.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Good morning Geoff,

I see what you mean now. But, our other courses are indeed simple virtual products, and the auto-complete plug-in is handling them quite alright. I don’t think that changing the products into “non-virtual” will help, or am I missing something?

Beside, “non-virtual” means shipping is involved, and I would then have to change the autocomplete plugin settings to autocomplete “all paid orders of any product”.

Regards
    Shadi

Geoff B.

Good evening Shadi,

I see your point. I was merely trying to rule out all possibilities.
    In that spirit, there is actually a customer that did adapt that snippet to do exactly that (if you want to give it a shot to humour me : https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-create-the-tickets-as-products-ready-for-shipping-not-virtual/#post-1222837 )

If not, until the fix is released, could you confirm if, at this point, you are using Event Tickets Plus 4.3.5 or 4.4 ? I might have an idea for a workaround.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

We’re using v4.4.

Regards

Geoff B.

Good evening Shadi,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Would you mind downgrading both ET and Event Tickets Plus to the previous version and see if that helps (4.3.5) ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Good evening Geoff,

Here is what I did:

– Downgraded both plugins to 4.3.5

– With ET plugin’s autocomplete option set to OFF + WC Order Autocomplete plugin’s option set to ON, I made a test order. The order was not autocompleted.

– With ET plugin’s autocomplete option set to ON + WC Order Autocomplete plugin’s option set to ON, I made another test order. The order was completed before payment.

Argh!

Should I revert back to 4.4.x? I will wait your confirmation.

Regards,
    Shadi

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Shadi Habbal.
    Geoff B.

Good evening Shadi,

Thank you for running those tests.
    I had hoped they would prove more successful!

As a temporary workaround, you could keep that version and implement the following snippet as is or tweaked: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-autocomplete-order/

That should buy you some time.

Other than that, we have truly run out of options until the official bug fix is released alas.
    It has been set for next maintenance release (which is about 2 weeks from now).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Good evening Geoff,

Do you believe this will solved by the next maintenance release? in other words, have we really find out what’s the reason behind this, or this is still a work in progress?

PS: I think you meant this snippet link (https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/5768685acc4cd48cdd81), no?

Regards
    Shadi

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

this snippet link ( https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/5768685acc4cd48cdd81 )

PS: check this out using Developer Console (https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/5768685acc4cd48cdd81)
    now I have to report a bug in my bug report :))

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Order(s) are auto completed before pay, if tickets are added directly to basket.’ is closed to new replies.