Order of list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Order of list view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Khanh
    Participant

Hi there,

When i tried list view the order doesn’t seem to be correct. It seems to be descending with the current year but it shows future years and come back to current year

Order oct 2015, jun 2015, March 2015, July 2018, Mar 2015.. it seems to be all over.

Can somebody explain what the order of list view, other than month view what is the order of other views like photo, etc.,

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

The events in the list view, photo view, week view, map view, and day view should all be in order of the event date and times so the closest event is first and the event happening farthest in the future is last.

If you are having events out of date there maybe a conflict.

Do you have any plugins to change the order of posts? That can cause this issue.

If not please try out testing for conflicts guide and see if you can narrow down the issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

Khanh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for the link.

I see what you mean.

You have hide Recurrence turned on correct?

Does turning that off enable the events to order correctly?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Khanh
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I checked with Conflicts you suggested
    My theme was 2013, so i changed to a different one and step2 is not applicable, cleared cache and tested — No Change it is same.

I tried turning on Recurring event instances, let the clean-up and create to default numbers 24 months — No change

Can you please suggest what could be wrong?

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I have seen this issue once before and the person came back with this as the fix:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/after-latest-update-upcoming-events-showing-out-of-order/#post-884969

Can you follow along with that change the person did and see if that resolves it for you.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Khanh
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Changing the Order by clause works !!!!

Thanks a lot.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok how strange, that clause was designed to prevent this.

Glad it is fixed though for you.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok we are going to take another look at this issue and see if we can have a fix in future releases.

I am going to close this ticket for now as there is nothing more we can do here.

We will update this ticket once we have some information, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Order of list view’ is closed to new replies.