Only imports the first record for venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only imports the first record for venues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ruud
    Participant

Hi,

I used the attached file to import events, with succes.
    I also tried to use it to import venues, simply by selecting different columns. However, only the first record, i.e. row 2, is being imported. In the import results, it says it has imported 1 row, and updated all the others.
    When I then go to locations in the menu, I can only find this 1 row, i.e. venue. All the others have not been imported.

As a test, I manually created 1 venue, and then I imported the attached file again. No rows were imported, instead that 1 venue was multiple times updates. It seemed it could handle only 1 ID.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ruud

Geoff B.

Good morning Ruud and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with the CSV importer.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

This has been identified by other users as a bug which is now one of our top priorities.
    What is going on is that WordPress 4.5 does not play well with the CSV import feature (but 4.4.2 does).

Our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point. But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geir Hagen
    Participant

Same here with the organizer import. Thanks!

Geoff B.

Hey guys,

Thank you for your patience.

The good news is that the bug was found and that we came up with a patch for it.
    It should ship as part of the upcoming Maintenance release. Stay tuned!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geir Hagen
    Participant

Outstanding!

Geoff B.

Hello all,

Some more good news, the maintenance release should go out this week.

This will all be over very soon!

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Hello again,

As you know, we have a fix coming in the Events Calendar 4.1.3 later this week.

However, to fix right away please change the contents of the following file. Please note you must correctly change the entire contents of the file as any mistake could cause the website to go down.

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer.php

With this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/release/4.1.3/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer.php

That should resolve the issue for you.

Let us know how that works out.

Cheers

Geoff B.

Francoise Sullivan
    Participant

Overwriting the file worked! Thank you!

Geir Hagen
    Participant

Yes it works! Thanks!

Geoff B.

Hey @flaws72 and @Geir

I’m glad this worked out for you guys.
    Hopefully it will work for Ruud too.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that maintenance release 4.1.3 is out. The update includes a fix for this issue.

Please update the plugins to the latest version and re-test to see if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Ruud
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Unfortunately, it did not work (yet).
    I could import venues, but it used the full string of column headers as the title of the venue. So now I have 1790 venues with a ridiculous venue name (containing all the information such as address). All the specific info regarding the venue (e.g. address, city, country) were disregarded. So I´ll delete the venues, 88 times 20 venues at a time 🙂

Perhaps I made a mistake when importing. The thing is, I didnt got a change to match the headers in the csv file to specific fields the Event Manager is using. Instead, it said it will be using the structure (i.e. matching of headers to fields) that it already imported in the (recent) past.

Is there an easy way to match headers and fields once again. Perhaps as simple as renaming the name of the csv file?

Kind regards,
    Ruud

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Ruud.
    Ruud
    Participant

Just a sidenote; I found a plugin (Bulk Actions Select All) that helped me to delete all venues with a single click.

Ruud
    Participant

Hello Geoff,
    I got it working. All issues seemed to be related to the file(s) I used.
    Thanks for the update!
    Ruud

Geoff B.

Hey Ruud,

This is awesome!

Major props on finding all the file related issues on your own 🙂

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Only imports the first record for venues’ is closed to new replies.