One event accross mutliple non consecutives dates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO One event accross mutliple non consecutives dates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BOUCHAIR
    Participant

Hello,

Just purchased the Pro version,

1) How to setup this event :

One Event on 02, 03 and 30 June

How to use the field : Recurrence description ?

Thank you in advance

Nico

Howdy Bouchair,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you here.

The recurrence settings should look like this: https://cloudup.com/cvwyA5NsWxp. Take a look at this article PRO recurring events. The recurrence description will be auto-generated, if you input a description in the field it will be used instead of the auto-generated one.

Please let me know if this answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

BOUCHAIR
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for following up!

1) I set the event like you but it display 3 separate events

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. Recurring events, are in fact the same event spanning in multiple days. Three instances are created of the same event and other than different dates all the information is the same. It’s not possible to add the three dates to ‘one’ event. We have a setting in the backend to only show the first instance of the recurring event in event listings (WP-Admin > Events > Settings > General > Recurring event instances), maybe that helps?

2) The field “Recurrence description” is only for information or it has an impact on setup of teh dates ?

Is only informative, and has no impact on the event dates.

Best,
    Nico

BOUCHAIR
    Participant
    Nico

Hey Bouchair,

I reviewed the thread but I’m not sure about what you want to point out, Can you please elaborate a bit?

BOUCHAIR
    Participant

Hello,

In the presale thread, i precise that :

I have a course that will happen on 02 june, 03 june and 30 june NOT 3 events !!

If you setup it as 3 events, how a customer know that the course is on 3 days ?
    Also what is the difference between making a recurrent event by adding a new date and duplicating an event ?

Thank you

Nico

Thanks for the info!

Think of recurring events as the same event spanning in different dates (or patterns).

If you setup it as 3 events, how a customer know that the course is on 3 days ?

If you set this up as 3 single events the user won’t have a clue about this. If you set this up as a recurring event it will show every instances in the calendar and also show a notice in the single event indicating this event is recurrent (https://cloudup.com/cjdQK9jtoMg), and when you hove this notice it will show up the recurrence description.

Also what is the difference between making a recurrent event by adding a new date and duplicating an event ?

Recurring events share the same information other than date. They are ‘connected’ if you edit the title for the main event it will be changed in all other instances. Also if you change the recurrence pattern or settings all the event series will be regenerated. If you work with a lot if single events this won’t be possible and in fact it will require a lot of manual work to update information or change dates.

Please let me know if you have any other doubts about this,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘One event accross mutliple non consecutives dates’ is closed to new replies.