Once a ticket is deleted, the attendees list and orders report do not match

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Once a ticket is deleted, the attendees list and orders report do not match

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Dear support,

I just upgraded to the latest builds of all plugins and I am now experiencing an issue. Essentially, once a ticket is deleted, the attendees list and orders report do not match.

For example, I have an event where I ran 3 test orders which I then cancelled. The Attendees report is showing ‘Sold 32 (units remaining: 0 cancelled: 3)’ – This means that 35 units (32 sold and 3 cancelled) were processed which is correct. However, the ‘Orders’ page shows ‘Sold 29 of 29’, which is incorrect as 32 units were sold. The 32 units can also be confirmed by adding up the tickets in both the ‘Attendees’ and ‘Orders’ Reports.

I am attaching screenshots to illustrate the issue. I am also attaching an export of the Attendees list which shows the 32 units.

Could you please advise how I can fix this?

Cheers,

Ben

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

This also happens whenever a ticket is cancelled…

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hey guys this is very urgent so I would greatly appreciate a response ASAP. I’m also based in Europe so the time difference doesn’t help.

Geoff

Hi Ben,

Thanks for writing in!

I see what you mean. When I change the status of any order from Completed to Cancelled in WooCommerce, the “Orders” report in Event Tickets Plus updates correctly, but the “Attendees” report remains at the same number of Total Tickets Sold.

While I do not have have a fix for this, I have a created a ticket for our developers to look at and make a fix for it in an upcoming maintenance release. I have marked this thread “Pending Fix” in the meantime and will certainly follow-up with you when a fix is ready.

Thanks for reporting this and for your patience while we work on it!

Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Thanks Geoff – do you have any ETA for the fix?

Geoff

I’m afraid I do not have an ETA. You were the first to report the issue, so the ticket was created today and will be scoped for an upcoming maintenance release. We’re currently hard at work to get our 4.4 release out next month, so that’s taking priority at the moment. I’ll be sure to keep you posted as I know more.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

ok thanks Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Any word from the developers? If they cannot release a fix quick, maybe there is some manual override that I can make to fix the numbers?

Cheers,

Ben

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

I don’t mean to be persistent – it’s just that I have customers who are complaining about the mismatching info and they are losing trust in the system :/

Geoff

Hi Benjamin,

I do not expect a fix for this before the 4.4 release and I’m sorry to say that there are no manual overrides available that I am aware of.

I know it’s not ideal, for sure, and I apologize for the issue, but our development team is fully engaged in the 4.4 release and this will be scoped for one of the maintenance releases following it.

You can be assured that we’ll follow up with you directly in this thread when it is ready to ship.

Thanks again for the report and for your patience while we work on this.

Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

When will 4.4 be released?

Geoff

Hi Benjamin!

I mentioned it a little earlier, but we’re looking at next month before the holidays, if all goes according to plan.

Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I was checking up on this thread and read your response again.

When I change the status of any order from Completed to Cancelled in WooCommerce, the “Orders” report in Event Tickets Plus updates correctly, but the “Attendees” report remains at the same number of Total Tickets Sold.

Whilst you are right in spotting this issue, I wanted to clarify that there is an even more serious issue.

Essentially, the Orders report is deducting the number of cancelled tickets from the TOTAL correct number of sold tickets. The correct number of tickets is always in the ‘Attendees’. The Total revenue is also correct in the Orders report. This can be confirmed by adding up the tickets in both the ‘Attendees’ and ‘Orders’ Reports.

Bottomline there are two issues:

1. The Orders report is deducting the number of cancelled tickets from the correct TOTAL number of sold tickets.
    2. When cancelling a ticket from WooCommerce, the number of ‘Sold’ tickets remains the same

Both issues are critical as organisers lose trust in the system.

Kindly let me know when these will be fixed.

Best regards,

Ben

Geoff

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for the follow-up and additional information! You spelled out the second part of the issue nicely and, as such, I have updated the ticket in our system to reflect that.

I can certainly understand how important it is for those reports to be consistent and correct. On that same note, the ticket has not been slated for a release yet and likely will remain where it is until after the 4.4 release, which has been bumped to early January.

I will, of course, continue to check in on the ticket for you and keep you posted as I know more. I wish I could give you a concrete date for when this will be worked on, but I’m afraid that is something I am unable to do, though I am able and happy to provide you status updates when progress is made.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to push on our next release and begin to scope maintenance releases.

Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue I have reported is a simple math calculation issue. The logic simply needs to be recoded to not subtract cancelled tickets from the total number of tickets sold. Surely this can be easily and quickly fixed in the code and given to me as a patch/hotfix? Surely this doesn’t need to take weeks to be resolved.

Please note that I’ve been with this issue for nearly a month now.

Regards,

Ben

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Once a ticket is deleted, the attendees list and orders report do not match’ is closed to new replies.