OK I tried to fix what the bug did to me but I am stuck at the theme functions

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator OK I tried to fix what the bug did to me but I am stuck at the theme functions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ted
    Participant

I have all my events starting at the same time that import from google. I use this for a sports club so parents know when to bring their kids to practice. The phone keeps ringing with confused parents.

I downgraded ical versions and I am on the version that should work.

I tried to add that snippet into the themes functions.php

I use avada theme

I refreshed the import page as it said over and over and it never said it competed deleting. I finally tried to add an import again and it still says it found no event. Hopefully you have an easier way for me to fix this part. I do not feel comfortable messing with mysql

Cliff

Hi Ted.

Sorry you’re having this issue.

If I’m understanding your issue correctly, you already know how to import from Google Calendar.

I’m guessing one of two things might be at play here:

1. If you’re searching for events that happened in the past, iCal Importer defaults to only finding future events. You’ll have to remove the date filter to find past events in the iCal feed.
    2. Or you previously imported them, then deleted them from WordPress, but iCal Importer keeps track of this and then doesn’t re-import events you previously imported and deleted. You can reference this temporary code snippet to delete this historical tracking and this permanent code snippet if you want this history tracking feature deactivated going forward.

If this information doesn’t help, please provide the iCal URL you’re trying to import and any helpful screenshots or video screencasts.

Thank you.

Ted
    Participant

You may have missed it but there was a bug that messed up the imports and in the end you wind up needed to delete the posts so they can be imported again. I also said the snippet that was provided to delete them didn’t work. I was not comfortable with going into sql to delete them.

Since i needed this done and no one would answer I went ahead and deleted them and it appears to have worked. I am still running the old version because I am scared the update will break it again.

Cliff

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you’ve got things to where you can move forward using the previous version for the time being. If not, please explain how I can best help you at this time.

Again, I apologize for this inconvenience.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘OK I tried to fix what the bug did to me but I am stuck at the theme functions’ is closed to new replies.