Offline scan app / QR Code links change

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Offline scan app / QR Code links change

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello guys

i’m using an offline scan app. basically i use the app SCAN TO SPREADSHEET w an uploaded validation table

>> https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/using-a-qr-scan-app-on-which-i-can-import-the-tickets-code-to-work-offline/

When the app scan the QR code, it deletes characters at the beginning of the link and characters at the end so it takes ONLY the ticket_id in this text chain

I spotted that at one of your updates 3 months ago, you changed the form of the link and decided to add other parameters in the link

This led to the fact that many of the QR i scan now are not at the same form as previously and now they can’t be read like the majority of the other links

Since you are not proposing offline scan solution, could you please respect the form of links you generate with the QR code so my solution is still working

If not, could you please tell me how could i fix this ? maybe by modifying the “link” of the QR code in the database so i can forecast these issues

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for getting in touch!

That is some great solution you have worked out there. I’m sorry to hear that an update was interfering with it.

Unfortunately updates sometimes are necessary, and they cannot be always made backwards compatible, especially since we are not aware of all use cases.

You should be able to tap into the URL through the following filter:

apply_filters( 'tribe_tickets_plus_qr_handle_redirects', $url, $event_id, $ticket_id, $user_had_access );

Does this help? Let me know.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Offline scan app / QR Code links change’ is closed to new replies.