Office 365 Integration

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Office 365 Integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Simon Groves
    Participant

Hello!

In short, I’m trying to link a client’s Office 365 calendar to the Events Calendar Pro installed currently on their website.

I have read through some other support queries surrounding this, but can’t come to a solid conclusion as to whether it will 100% work. I understand the iCal Importer can support this, but I’ve read it may not be able to fetch without manually doing this.

My only fear is that I purchase the add-on, but have no luck with it automatically gathering the data and importing it directly without the need to manually enter this data in.

Please may you advise if there is someway this can be tested before making the purchase? If not, are there any other solutions to this method in need?

Thanks!

Jeff Serani

Hi Simon!

Great to hear from you! 🙂

Excellent news for you. We just very recently came out with a new service product called Event Aggregator. It’s a stellar new product where you can manually import, setup up automated scheduled imports at certain intervals, and create On Demand imports as well.

Event Aggregator far exceeds the power that our legacy iCal Imported offered and actually combines the ability to import from Facebook, Meetup, Google Calendar, iCalendar, CSV, and ICS.

We have tested importing via Office 365 and were able to do so, but if you happen to run into any problems, please let us know. We’re right here by your side and ready to help!

Have an excellent rest of your day!

Jeff Serani

Hi Simon

It’s me again!

One of my awesome colleagues just mentioned the following to me as well regarding Office 365:

Yes it works with Office 365. However Office 365 itself has a bug. Every event in its feed claims to be brand new each time the feed is loaded, even if it’s a preexisting event. Thus recurring EA imports will do as Office tells them and create brand new events each time, never updating old ones. So duplicates will occur.

Since Microsoft is unlikely to fix this bug, even though oodles of software writers have complained, we are going to do our best to create a work around and _guess_ at which events are duplicates. But that’s in a future update, not ready yet. For now it is advisable to do one time imports, and only import new events.

So Event Aggregator works great, but Microsoft themselves seem to be dropping the ball here and it looks like we already have it in future (unplanned timeline) to attempt a work around of Microsoft’s own bug.

Hope this helps you further! 🙂

Simon Groves
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your response!

I’m going to give it a shot and fingers crossed it’s a smooth transition.

Much appreciated.

Jeff Serani

Sweet! Thank sounds great Simon!

If you happen to run into any issues aside from that unfortunate Microsoft bug, please let us know. We’re right here to help!

FYI – we have a sale going on right now (ends soon!) to help save you some money on purchasing Event Aggregator! 😉

Here is info on our Black Friday sale.

Have an excellent weekend!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Office 365 Integration’ is closed to new replies.