Notice: Undefined index: photo_view in /home/gfriarsr/public_html/wp-content/plu

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Notice: Undefined index: photo_view in /home/gfriarsr/public_html/wp-content/plu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Niki
    Participant

Hi

I have just noticed that this is error has been picked up by the search engine, so when you google this error the website appears!

How do I fix this please

Niki

Hi Niki,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

The reason why googling this error leads to your website is because that error is present on the front end of your site.  You can try to turn off Debug Mode, to see if it disappears, or try to fix the error.  This is the full error, which also tells you where it is located:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: photo_view in <b>/home/gfriarsr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Customizer/Section.php</b> on line <b>216</b>

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions on this topic.  Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Jaime

Niki
    Participant

Hi

Jamie, how do I fix this error?

Hi Niki,

Thank you for your patience.  As long as the notice you are seeing is not causing any undesired behavior on your site, you can hide it by disabling debug mode, as seen here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

I’m not entirely sure what is causing the notice without seeing any other information around it, so if you’d like, as a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Also, before doing this, please make sure that your plugins are up to date as well.

If you decide to go this route, can you provide me with your system information as well, in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Notice: Undefined index: photo_view in /home/gfriarsr/public_html/wp-content/plu’ is closed to new replies.